Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cost of Water

Matty H

Has anybody on a meter actually found out specific costs of water used to run their business?

When I first started I rang Severn Trent to get a breakdown of costs and it equates to £2.20 per cubic metre = 1000 litres.

Price includes water used as well as what they charge you to take away "sewerage"

6% price rise due in April though /emoticons/biggrin.png

Has anybody on a meter actually found out specific costs of water used to run their business?

When I first started I rang Severn Trent to get a breakdown of costs and it equates to £2.20 per cubic metre = 1000 litres.

Price includes water used as well as what they charge you to take away "sewerage"

6% price rise due in April though /emoticons/biggrin.png

That dont sound to bad to me so your average tank is going to cost less than a pound in water

I haven't worked it out because I'm too lazy, but having said that I know it doesn't cost much at all. Plus if your pricing your jobs correctly you should be making loads of money to easily cover your expenditures plus have cash just for you /emoticons/biggrin.png

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3eoiml

How much do you guys pay per week for your water? Or do you pay the same as any normal household

As I'm filling up from home this morning instead of the mother in laws (not on a metre) thought I'd clock the reading before and after. To fill my 350l tank from empty (nearly) it took 0.56m3 of water. Cambridge water charges 0.8140 per m3 so 0.56m3 x 0.8140 = £ 0.4558. I then had to add on the sewage volume charge at 90% water used (0.56m3/100 x 90 = 0.50m2) which is charged at £1.4922 per m3. 0.5m3 x 1.4922 = £0.7461. Then add these together to give me a grand total of £0.4558 + £0.7461 = £1.2019.

That doesn't sound too bad until I work it out that if I fill up once a day for an average month of 4 weeks I've just added another £288 to my yearly costs. Think I'll stay filling up at the mother in laws!!

i worked it out once that if i employed some one, it would cost me £3.23 to do each job regardless of the sise of the house, as the large get cancelled out by the small jobs on cost, this cost included, wages, fuel, insurance

Still not a lot of money when you think how much money that water is making you, how much do you pay monthly normally?

Still not a lot of money when you think how much money that water is making you, how much do you pay monthly normally?
£21.12! Completely agree but it's still more then being free! /emoticons/wink.png

my house is roughly £60 a month, but i can get my water for free for my business, just takes a hour to fill up a 650 tank

my costs where done when i had to pay for water

£21.12 & £60 that's a massive difference

I pay £12 per month no matter how much I use /emoticons/wink.png over 4 children means the price is capped at £3 per week Don't know if that rule applies everywhere.

We're on a metre as well. Bluemonkey are you on business rates? That seems like a lot. We're not but then I fill up elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no, not on business rates, the water costs a fortune down here, as we have to pay for all the beaches to be kept clean, so that we cant get on them in the summer becasue of all the emits

Back