Could Portapower Be Better Or Same As Van Mounted System ?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by sdrah, Nov 5, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sdrah

sdrah Guest

Hello everyone !

I'm new on this forum and also new to window cleaning . I really need an advice choosing the right system for my work .

A short intro - i started with a squeegee and ladder - but i had to say several time NO to new customers because i wasn't able to clean their conservatories .

So i thought to get a water fed system but not sure which one - as i am new as i mentioned .

Firstly - i cant really afford to get a van right now - and i really dont see the point getting one as i have only 15 houses. at the moment. So i thought to get a troley system which will fit in my estate .

So - did a quick search and found a Pure Freedom troley with RO etc etc - for just under 1000 quid.
    However later on - i found the PortaPower http://www.brodexbms...-trolley-system

which looks fantastic to me . But i didnt find any reviews on the internet about it . The good point is that i dont have to get a tank in the garage to keep the pure water - i can leave my water container in the car (with tap water) and use the Porta Power .
    It seems to be better but is abit costy :)

please advise me - before spending / wasting my money . :)

PS: i dont expect a lot of work done with water fed system - may be shall i get just a pump which i will keep in the car - and a 50 meter hose to do the conservatories ?

Thank you very much

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

what you could do to make it cheaper for you is to have a backpack, few 25lt containers and a di bottle. depending what your water tds is

3. sdrah

sdrah Guest

yeah sounds fine a backpack - however i really hope to get more work in the future - and thought it might be a good idea to get something which will last - and will allow me to do my work quickly ,

the Porta Power is designed for two poles up to 60 ft - my question is - which one will be more efficient - a van mounted or a PortaTroley

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

van mounted will always be better, but there is always a time that a trolly could come in handy.

i started off with a trolly from the back of my vw golf, soon outgrew the trooly and had to go to van mounted.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Why did you say no to cleaning conservatories?

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

7. sdrah

sdrah Guest

yes this one

8. sdrah

sdrah Guest

i find it difficult - the roof of course

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You don't need to use pure water on plastic conservatory roofs you know...and you can can also trad glass ones using a pole

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

For platic roofs a chepo truck brush attached to a 5m harris pole would do to scrub it then rinse the detegent off with a garden hose. Simples

Advertisement