Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

using normal water in wfp system

chris70

if i use normal tap water in my wfp trolly system for cleaning fascias will it affect my window cleaning when i put pure water back in it cheers

yes and no

wen u fill ur we tank wityh pure it mixs with the remains of the normal causing the ppm to rise

this even happens if tank is empty as there bes some water left on sides of tank

then in ur pole hose it takes certain amount of pure to rinse the normal out

using ppm tester uel find it goes down fast

if u use 25l drums mark one off with marker and only use that for normal water

or buy this

Adapter to use EZ Snap™ Pole on a Garden Tap - EZ Snap Couplings - Professional Hose Couplings - Hose Fittings & Adapters - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

u can hook ur pole hose straight onto it and use customers tap

Yeh that's what I use as long as customer has an outside tap.

When u switch back to pure water just make sure you let it flow for a while to clear out any tap water in your pole hoze.

When I use my backpack I often switch between tap water for fascias, gutters, etc and pure water for windows and I've never had any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

i always use tap water for fsg & conservatories then swap straight to pure its never occured to me to let it run through the hose for a while, i cant believe it could make any difference.

i've put virosol through a backpack then used it for the windows with pure, i did flush that out for a good bit though

Back