Council estates - whadya reckon ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by adamangler, Apr 20, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Up until now I've not had any work on them. Not through choice but just how it panned out.

Anyway had some canvassing done recently and unfortunately over half of it was on a pretty rough council estate. I didn't realise when having the canvassING done as I didn't recognise the street names.

Anyway what an awfull experience, dogs everywhere, big ones that would do some serious damage. All I can here is swearing and motorbikes flying about lol. Most people think it's ok to skip cleans otlr not have it done. Some need to wait till payday to pay. There was a woman arguing in her front garden about her csa with a worker.

All in all its awfull. It's depressing and dangerous not to mention that getting my money us going to be an ordeal.

Going to clean it a couple of times and sell it on. Never again for me

I didn't realise I was a snob. Grew up around estates but it's different now much prefer working in nice parts of town.

What do you lot reckon to em?

Advertisement
  2. Markyboy 50

I never ever clean houses on them mate. For the very reasons u have put. Anyone who has a washing machine in their front garden prob doesn't need a window cleaner

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. TolishAPurd

I like them generally as they are nice and easy, but there are a few streets I won't work down. I like the streets where the old folk are as they are always in, and usually down to earth folk.

4. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

I'd say 80% of my work is council estates, once you chin off the messers they're OK, usually quick and easy to do, just takes a bit of time to sort out the good from the bad.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Reach For The Glass

Reach For The Glass Well-Known Member

Agree I like it. Usually at home with cash.

Need I say more, nice and easy jobs imo

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i love working on them, and focus my effort the last 6yrs on them- the rewards come but it takes time

oh sure theres the messers thatll get you on the first trawl- but if you keep coming you will find the "gold loyalty person" who pay normally that reside there too. this takes time,to build trust, theyv to see you regular to know youre not another flash- ponse-boy chancing his arm

7. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

Plus if you got a few together that know each other they will sometimes pay for each other, did some today that only one was in but they payed for all 7 in the cul de sac, 40 quid over all!

8. OutlaneWC

OutlaneWC Active Member

Which estate is it adam? If you don't mind me asking?

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

7 Jobs for £40?? :eek::eek:

I'll pay you £45 per 7, you can start subbing tomorrow!

10. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

Mist council houses are 1 top and one bottom on front and back a back door and a door and 3 small downstairs windows on the side charge £1 a window, minimum £6 Swansea is not an affluent area, and 90% of window cleaners round here are cheaper then me!

Advertisement