Council Tenders...

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Apr 2, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Anyone have any experience at getting local council work or know where to look for council tenders?

I am looking for serious responses please, I have my eye on this one stunning Victorian building in Nottingham but the Council own it so that's why I would like some tips on breaking councils.

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Not sure how, but I got a phone call last week inviting me to tender for local authority work. So I guess they hunt you out. If I was going to try, I think I would write to them declaring your interest in tendering for possible work.

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Might you indulge me and simply ask them how they came to hear of you SPC? as obviously your name is in the right place in someones phone book. ?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

My local council do everything in-house so to speak and even have their own wfp vans.
    I suppose it cheaper for them long term to buy their own kit and pay minimum wage than to get contractors in.

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#5 boarcity, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    i was asked by a phone call [from i cant remember who but they rang 3 yrs running ] if i was intrested in and capable of doing all the schools in Suffolk and Norfolk . i wasnt capable so that was the end of it. i just know that if id dropped my residential to do the schools id be in the pocket forever of whoever was dishing out that big contract.

iv since learnt that the guys who do the council leisure centres in Suffolk are getting peanuts tho by the looks of the beer bellies dont graft hard

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

The only thing I can think of is that about two years ago the council had solar panels fitted to all their properties in all the local villages. I contacted them at the time to offer to tender for the cleaning of the panels. At the time the Housing Officer advised that the company fitting the panels had to clean them too. Now it looks like that may not be the case.

7. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Green your not far from me my council has a trusted trader scheme if you register on that £39 a year you go on the councils list as approved council window cleaner as well has the trusted trader site!you then automatically get put forward for council tenders etc!and logo and reg for van etc
    The trouble I found was a lot of new windies or people short off work put in ridiculous prices and I mean stupid get the contract then bodge the work
    Also years ago I did some council contracts and payment was always late and in arrears sometimes 3 month!
    I think private contracts if you can get is the way
    Also with council when they re tender if you lose the work its a can be a big hit

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Ask your local councillor directly?

9. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

There's a government website where you register for tender.

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Typical Stevie, you have to pay your Government to approve you? Bribery any one, so hypocritical, LMAO.

I am only after one tender from them and want is as I have a passion for the building itself, I'm not worried about profit on the deal and in fact would do it for free in exchange for for being allowed to use pics for promotional purposes.

Think the council employees head might explode though at the thought of a barter! :))

Advertisement