Council versus private homes.

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by AnMadraRua, Nov 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. AnMadraRua

AnMadraRua Member

What are the guys experiences when canvassing/flyering private estates versus council ones. Do you get more responses from either or are they about the same.

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Council estates!? :eek: YUK!

Only kidding :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

No good money (premium priced work) to be gained on council estates if you as me but I'm sure others like boarcity will disagree :D

4. PTWC

PTWC Guest

I dont do council estates, as i wouldn't want the hassle of not getting paid, and treading through broken washing machine parts and bulldog excrememt.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That's so true :laugh:

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#6 boarcity, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    since i first started iv focussed on council estates , for the only reason that its a challenge. takes a while to get accepted , but then youre part of "the mob" , with loyalty in abundance

dining and holding court in the community cafe, love it- its the hi-lo life . Remember "grouty" in Porridge, to a much lesser extent thats me ,but not in jail,in the cafe

iv leafletted my favourite estates a few times over , raking in loyal work every time

7. AnMadraRua

AnMadraRua Member

I think people who don't own their own home aren't that bothered about the state if their windows but at the moment everywhere else is boxed off by other window cleaners so council estates are my only option.

8. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

My work is a good mix, I'd go to the council estate everyday of the week if I wanted to walk away with cash in my hand. Private houses pay via bacs or cheque so have to wait, council or ex council always pay on the day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

You'll probably find most tenants have it in their contract to have their windows cleaned.

10. PTWC

PTWC Guest

Well ive not heard that one.

Im interested in what you said about this.
    Ive avoided these areas for the kind of reasons i mentioned earlier, but have you had problems in these areas or if not how do you go about canvassing these places and what measures do you need to put in place to make it work for you?

Advertisement