Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ever been bumped?

Chris Dall

Has anyone got any experience of getting bumped out right by a customer?

Had my first one in 12 years the other day! For £96. Always let it build up and he'd pay.....but not this time the f~*ker!!!

Funny you say this. Old lass just did a runner for £11. Always pays me £8. This time I let her pay £5 till next clean. Next clean came and done. Not in!! odd. Try and try. Found out shes moved. Ill get her address. Found which street, just need a number now. Knock Knock. Windows. err errr lol

I never do a clean if there is an outstanding payment. I expect to be paid for each job as its done, so if it has not been paid by the next visit they get left.

Yea, Im going to put a limit on it now of a couple cleans then start collecting in the evenings like I used to

Im feeling like taking a proper muddy applicator to all his windows
Just soap them out and leave them !

I stop cleaning them after 2 cleans For normal houses, most off my houses pay on the second clean online

But do get bumped some times !!!

Im feeling like taking a proper muddy applicator to all his windows
Someone on here suggested WD40 once which I thought was a great idea.:whistle:

I think I would probably go for a supersoaker to get the upstairs ones.:hehehe:

Wd40 I have a customer with brown upvc window frames and she puts wd40 on her frames to keep them brown as the sun turns them white

It's a mission to get off the glass ! I all ways let the lads do that house /emoticons/wink.png

If I insisted on getting paid for every job month by month I'd lose a hell of a lot of customers, one ambulance driver I see every 6 months pays up.

i do a shop every week now they pay monthly

by BACS no payment last month , now i thought it was funny no payment

let it run to next clean

now they would,int have it that i had,int been payed

well you start to dought yourself

but i was sure

they had only paid by BACS the old WC

the payment was in my account following day

How may cleans was that for?

Has anyone got any experience of getting bumped out right by a customer?
Had my first one in 12 years the other day! For £96. Always let it build up and he'd pay.....but not this time the f~*ker!!!

If I insisted on getting paid for every job month by month I'd lose a hell of a lot of customers, one ambulance driver I see every 6 months pays up.
I guess all our businesses are different. We all use the business model that suits us best. My customers know my terms and they abide by them. They pay online or send a cheque.

I guess all our businesses are different. We all use the business model that suits us best. My customers know my terms and they abide by them. They pay online or send a cheque.
Don't get me wrong I've been had big time, got done for 30 quid and countless 20s, treat it like a death now, **** all you can do about it, it's too much stress going down debt collecting routes so I move on, I have an insurance policy which is I throw another pound on every quote it covers for losses.

Some of the ideas that my non windy mates come up with are unreal.

1' Buy £96 worth of breeding rodents and post them in the letter box.

2' Post the garden hose through in the 'on' position??

Back