Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back Pack and WFP your set up advice for better working practice?

Mr Clean

Hi,

I am looking to improve my working practice, I have just a new back pack gardiner one the blue/yellow. Its very good and pleased with it, it seems better than my big boy one I had.

I use this and a pheonix pole 22ft fibre glass. But am getting the 22ft with 4ft add on carbon fully one this week. I dont have anything else other this set up, was wanting to ask what do you guys yse with it to make it easier and any tips on things to buy? Tap does this work well with back pack? does it damage pump? Whats the best hose to use etc etc just want to get the best set up within price reason lol. Also a small trolly need a small one that collapses small

Any advice would be great and to chat about, thank you so much, take care.

get a univalve, great way to save water which is important for backpacks also put a decent length of pole hose on so for most jobs you can just plonk it down in front & get the full house from there. i have about 60 ft of hose on mine with a univalve & a tap on the end of the backpack hose , when i used a sacktruck i got a good one with a telescopic handle & pneumatic tyres for about £40 but lost of cheaper ones about

its gardiner bp as well

I made a thread in december last year which may be of interest to you.

My new Gardiner backpack trolley

I used that setup every day for about four months until I got myself a system for my van. I still use it regularly and it's still going strong. The only downside is sometimes it's easier to just pick up the backpack and carry it, especially if you're going through a customers house to the back garden. I used to leave the backpack trolley at the front door and just run the hose through the house. It's especially good if you have to walk up alley ways at the back of houses as it's easier than carrying the backpack.

Definitely get yourself a univalve. I much prefer it over a tap. Another must have that will make things easier is some ubik or virosol, especially on mucky first cleans and fascias etc.

get a univalve, great way to save water which is important for backpacks also put a decent length of pole hose on so for most jobs you can just plonk it down in front & get the full house from there. i have about 60 ft of hose on mine with a univalve & a tap on the end of the backpack hose , when i used a sacktruck i got a good one with a telescopic handle & pneumatic tyres for about £40 but lost of cheaper ones aboutits gardiner bp as well
Thank you simon very much for your time mate. With regards to the length of hose I have enought so i can do all fronts then pick it up and move it to back. I was nervous at the length as thought the pump might nt push the water through at the same rate say if hose is 20ft to say 40ft, woudl the pressure be the same coming out ??? Is the back pack gardiner up to that? or do you have to set it higher to cope with length?

Thanks

I made a thread in december last year which may be of interest to you.
My new Gardiner backpack trolley

I used that setup every day for about four months until I got myself a system for my van. I still use it regularly and it's still going strong. The only downside is sometimes it's easier to just pick up the backpack and carry it, especially if you're going through a customers house to the back garden. I used to leave the backpack trolley at the front door and just run the hose through the house. It's especially good if you have to walk up alley ways at the back of houses as it's easier than carrying the backpack.

Definitely get yourself a univalve. I much prefer it over a tap. Another must have that will make things easier is some ubik or virosol, especially on mucky first cleans and fascias etc.
Great I will check that out now, thank you. I just want to get the best ideas from people who have experience on whats the best way to get the most out of a back pack set up. I wonder does the gardiner back pack like the uni valve or tap, does it effect the pump? is it recommend ok to use with it? Thats great idea about running hose through house, I will need more length, just worried that the back pack wont lt me that long as the pump will not get it through? I dont mind picking back pack up its far better than ladders work and quicker way of cleaning its no real difference to a van set up imo time wise, not much difference at all. I really like it and the simplicity of it and low costs and the delivery of pure 000 water is the same lol. Some places I need a trolley but then its getting it on and off it carrying it is so easy /emoticons/smile.png Thanks great to hear form you and will check that link.

Great I will check that out now, thank you. I just want to get the best ideas from people who have experience on whats the best way to get the most out of a back pack set up. I wonder does the gardiner back pack like the uni valve or tap, does it effect the pump? is it recommend ok to use with it? Thats great idea about running hose through house, I will need more length, just worried that the back pack wont lt me that long as the pump will not get it through? I dont mind picking back pack up its far better than ladders work and quicker way of cleaning its no real difference to a van set up imo time wise, not much difference at all. I really like it and the simplicity of it and low costs and the delivery of pure 000 water is the same lol. Some places I need a trolley but then its getting it on and off it carrying it is so easy /emoticons/smile.png Thanks great to hear form you and will check that link.
I've got 30m of hose on the reel connected to my backpack and the pump is more than good enough for that. The univalve works fine with it too.

I've got 30m of hose on the reel connected to my backpack and the pump is more than good enough for that. The univalve works fine with it too.
Adam, thank you, do you ahve any particular hose that you recommend, I currently use the facelift black 5mm hose to the ezsnap fitting on gardiner back pack, I been trying to search a hose that does not snag as much. I will use my pack free standing wont use a trolly as will just put it down and get a hose now long enough to reach front and back no I no it works fine from the gardiner back pack. Really annoying the hose I have, so a decent hose is a must. WHAT Uni valve do you use? any recomndations anyone? or are they all pretty reliable. Thank again,

there is only 1 univalve Exceed Innovation | Water fed pole innovation, the right hose to use with it is a big discussion point at the moment , i use gardiners reinforced but its not great unless you have it on really low flow or a tap with a vent in to let water out so id hate to recomend one others will know better. backpack will pump over 60ft in height no problem

I'd use Gardiner's green PU hose. It's by far the best hose I've used to date in lengths under 30 meters and works well with the Univalve. It has the added advantage of being much lighter than any reinforced hose and is extremely tough. I don't use mine on a reel either, just coil it by hand, although you must start with it layed out straight or you won't be able to coil it up.

Thank you simon very much for your time mate. With regards to the length of hose I have enought so i can do all fronts then pick it up and move it to back. I was nervous at the length as thought the pump might nt push the water through at the same rate say if hose is 20ft to say 40ft, woudl the pressure be the same coming out ??? Is the back pack gardiner up to that? or do you have to set it higher to cope with length?
Thanks
I have used my gardiners backpack with 100m of microbore on a reel in the past but at the moment depending on the job i either run out of the motor with about 60m on my reel (30m gardiners reinforced and 30m gardiners green pu pole hose) or pull the 30m of pu off the reel and use direct to backpack for access problem type jobs

I have used my gardiners backpack with 100m of microbore on a reel in the past but at the moment depending on the job i either run out of the motor with about 60m on my reel (30m gardiners reinforced and 30m gardiners green pu pole hose) or pull the 30m of pu off the reel and use direct to backpack for access problem type jobs
Thanks all. so if I got 30m of hose that should be fine and i wont have to pull back pack round the back of a hosue downa small alley it will reach and shut the water off with uni valve. thats a hug time saver for me then now and having to carry it round back of each house, massive plus. I was always thinking the back pack would not pump it that far or the uni valve would **** up the back pack pump. but seems form everyone its fine and works well. So this hose, I ahve a facelift pole and the black blue micorbores 5mm faclift hose at present so do they do this green hose PU one that would fit mine? thanks for the tips advice great stuff.

Many of us use John Guest or Rectus 21 fittings. The green PU hose works well with both. If you use Rectus 21 fittings you will need 7-9mm 'O' clips to clamp the hose to the fittings

Does anyone here use TAP OR UNI VALVE to cut water off with a back pack and if so what back pack do you use? Does this effect the battery or pump or even the pressure switch? Anyone know of issues, I am thinking of getting a uni valve on and using it with my gardiner back pack now, do the uni valve and back packs work together or are they a no go? thank you

Put a long hose on it & you won't even have to take it out the car.

I use a tap & have done for a few years now. Does the job fine. Turns the water on & off

That is great thank you guys, I was worried the gardiner back pack would not liek the uni valve and **** up the pump or drain the battery. Thats was my concern the battery running out on me. So no reported issues of that happening or close too then,

I have got my gardiner back pack 30m hose on order again also the facelift 22ft full carbon fibre pole just perfer the clamps there great, but pretty much the same as gardner, think thats a nice set up, happy with that.

Back