courses and training for water fed , driveway cleaning

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by paul stallard, Oct 4, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul stallard

paul stallard Member

#1 paul stallard, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    hi guys, can anyone tell me if I need any licences to carry this job out please-
    driveway cleaning, guttering cleaning and wfp

yes I use spayers for weed control , also to seal
    yes I own a set of ladders for tradinally window cleaning and pole system wfp

if anyone can help ever with a list of what I will need to do, and also if anyone as done any how much.

I do the general things like cones and safety signs and clothing and protection glasses,
    i just fort it would be interesting to see what I'm missing, best be safe then sorry,

anyways thanks for reading, if you have any tips or information on this matter please let me know, as there might be thinks that i need and i just did not know ;-)

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Course starts 8am Tomorrow, it is a 5 day course 8am to 4pm, it will cost you nothing but you will buy the 'tutor' lunch each day.

You will get practical hands on experience on WFP, power washing and gutter cleaning. Upon successful completion of the course you will be given a rating of 1 -5 on the back of a Costa Coffee napkin. :whistle:

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

On a serious note, WFP there is tons and tons of info here and of on Youtube. As for gutters it is a matter of get up there, clear them out, unblock the downpipes, clean the outside and done.
    For power-washing talk to Eviesteve and Jake, they do quite a bit of it and can give you some good pointers no doubt.

4. paul stallard

paul stallard Member

green sorry I meant courses like working at highs or cossh for sprayer licence
    I don't need youtube to explain how to clean lol, I fort I was doing a good cleaning job myself ;-)
    I just wanted to know if there is liceneces that I need to do the job ,

5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

You only cossh if they ask you, the same goes for a risk assessment - this will only apply to commercial, you won't get any residential customers asking for a risk assessment lol !

6. paul stallard

paul stallard Member

sorry green I put courses lol, I should of put licenses, :-*

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

You don't need any licencesfor what we do on a daily basis
    If spraying weeds or cleaning products on to fascias etc I'm pretty sure the quantities and substances we use would never come under the scope of coshh

8. paul stallard

paul stallard Member

jake that's the point I'm starting to move into the area at the moment, that's why I'm asking m8

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

By the way it's coshh
    Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health

10. paul stallard

paul stallard Member

that's why I'm asking for a little info on licenses and risk assessment and method statement
    as i would like to do commercial,
    so if any one can help please
    does anyone have a copy of a risk and method
    what liceneces do i need ??? and where is the best place to go for information, is there online courses etc

Advertisement