covering all market placeses some will say under cutting

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by noddy, Nov 28, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

been thinking today a lot of trades like hotels you will find a top brand hotel that charges 200/300 a night will own a cheap 50 pounds a night dump down the road so why not in window cleaning do the same ?

, why not start up a new company say called " simply cleaned " driving quality up and prices down ?

two bed at 6 pounds
    three beds at 7pounds
    +cons 10 pounds ect ect
    con roofs at 20 pounds ect ect

run it as a complete different company to the other one and see how it goes ? was just thinking about it today and doing a few sums , its just an idear at the moment maybe I need to get out more lol

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

They would be finding various body parts of yours in canals and woodlands for years to come if you started pricing like that.

You will more than pi$$ off a few windys. We have (and I now speak for the collective) worked too hard trying to drag window cleaning from the £5 three bed semi dark ages to a fairly paid industry.

If you want to whore yourself out get some lipstick and a dress but leave the undercutting game to the dole dossers and the pi$$ heads looking for beer money!

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

What he said,

Noddy, we live and work in the same town, I know most (nearly all) the local windies round here, and they would despise that...

Plus, why charge cheap? Charge high and that drives prices up for us all, you'd end up losing your own 'higher end' business, to your own low end business...

4. TolishAPurd

What they said^^^.

And...Listing set prices is not a good strategy in this game IMHO.As an example, when I first started advertising for gutter cleaning I had leaflets made up saying gutters cleared for £40 for average 3 bed, or words to that effect. What I got was just about every tw@t in a 3 bed mansion calling me up wanting thier gutters cleared. Even when I would check thier house out and say "sorry, but it'll be more like £80", it was extreemly hard to negotiate up from the low price they had seen. I would end up wasting a lot of time. Instead, now I just advertise what it is I do. So if someone wants thier gutters cleaned....they call me. Much easier to build up raport when you can explain why you are charging what you are charging, and they have no preconceptions of how much it should cost.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

guys I am just putting it out there for a idear , I didn't say it was agood one but its been eat away at me to do this for a few weeks ,

would it work ? maybe head closer to London and do it away from my area ? ect ect

its good to get people views on it and debate it I was well up for it today but as ive read down the replys I can see all points of views and it kind of took the shine off it ,

sometimes you cant see the tree for the forest if you get me

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

And do just as good a job on the proper priced work? I think you'd resent it, plus it's a bad idea IMO.

7. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Drive prices and quality up, not standards and prices down. They'd start to look for uninsured beer money lads to do it badly and the only winner would be the brewery's

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

I find I get into a bit of a flow when I clean and the muscle memory makes me do things sort of the same on each window. Think it would be hard to force myself to do a poor standard job (no detailing, frames left covered in cobwebs, cills not wiped etc) in order to make the half priced work pay.

9. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

I could not do it.I've worked hard over the years to either up the price on rubbish(low paid)work or get rid and to do a 3 bedroom house for 7 quid would break my heart.how you would make that work is another thing.

10. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

I've read some things on these forums over the years but I have to say... This is up there with the best of them!!! LMAO :rof::rof::rof:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Advertisement