Cowboys

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by chilt69, Sep 17, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chilt69

chilt69 Active Member

Had the wonderful task of telling a customer she'd been well & truly stitched up by a cowboy today.

Did two gutter jobs today (neighbours) - one hadn't been cleared in 4 years, other was done last year. Could tell with the front gutters - but round the back a different story.

The recently done house has a conservatory full width, so I had to do it with the vac (no access from one side) - luckily straightforward. Did a quick reccy from next door & gutters were as full as the "not done in 4 years" one. Clearly last lot had told her they'd cleaned them out, but hadn't touched them as too difficult.

Also had to do the conny roof. She warned me that when the last lot did it, it had leaked along the panel seals. Then told me they had blasted it with a pressure washer! I wouldn't do that on a brand new one, let alone one that was 15 years old.

She couldn't remember the name of the people that had done it, which is a shame as would love to know who the jokers were.

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

why are people shocked at cowboys in this business, I know a wc that brags they charge £100 for gutter cleans and are snowed under with them, so cowboys think it is easy money

3. chilt69

chilt69 Active Member

Least I know I'll get repeat business as a result.

Guess thats the nature of the beast - they took a punt that the customer couldn't/wouldn't check, and they got away with it.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Personally I would not have bothered to say anything to the customers as I just get on and do my job what I'm being paid to do. Simples...

Anyhow unless you where there at the time the other lot were working it's only your assumption they did not do the back so why tell the customer they have been stitched up beats me.

To slag another company off I find very unprofessional indeed. :Image16:

5. chilt69

chilt69 Active Member

Didn't slag them off at all. She asked me a question, and I gave her my answer - that in my opinion they hadn't carried out the work they she had paid them for.

I was critical of the way they cleaned the conservatory - using a pressure washer to blast a poly roof is asking for problems, and if they were a half decent outfit they should have known that.

Unprofessional would have been NOT to point out problems, if asked.

6. Andykarlaxxx

Andykarlaxxx Forum Addict

How do you not no that they did do it, but that part of the gutters collects more shyt that the others??

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Indeed Andy...

I do some gutter jobs every 6 months and when I go back again some properties do not look like they have been cleaned out at all. All depends on how bad the roof is as moss and leaves from tress etc can soon block them up again. The worst ones I found are shared gutter runs when the **** can flow down from next door as they don't clear them out so my customers get all their **** flush to their side once there side is clear.

Advertisement