Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wall Walking

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hahaha I've done some of that, the rule is to always check how slippy it will be when wet. As I've been on dry roofs that aren't slippy then once wet wished I could fly down rather than fear I'll fall and die.

HSE should be made aware of these cowboy practises.

You actually stopped to take a photo of how much of a dangerous position you were in.

Shame on you Mr Smurph.

^ Sorry, were you there to see him doing things unsafe? What's wrong with walking on a wall exactly?

Ta Masons... it should do as took over 4 hours to deep clean properly including the guttering, fascia & soffits above :Image9:

Funny thing was when I arrived the husband just got back from the pub and was trying to talk me into going back with him for a drink or two. Sadly I had to decline but was very tempted to say sod the job lets go then but don't think his missus or mine would have been none too pleased do you :Image13:

Indeed it was...Even got 10 squid tip as customer was over the moon how it looked afterwards.

Indeed it was...Even got 10 squid tip as customer was over the moon how it looked afterwards.
Always nice when that happens,I've got 3 conny roofs booked in on Tuesday and the inside of one roof after doing external on Wednesday.

Although I charge more than others in my area I spend more time and seem to get tips,happy days.

I would be tempted to go for a pint with him though.

Smurf,

did you apply the ubik2000 to the soffits and conny using the wfp brush or did you use a one of them pressure hand pumps

How did you manage to clean them little decorative things on top of the conservatory?

If the pump up sprayer will not reach gutters, soffits & fascias, gable ends etc I spray ubik onto a brush. I'm going to have to rig up a wfp telescopic sprayer like Mark has made ASAP as my chepo wip flag pole sprayer broke and would have come in very handy on that job.

The secret to cleaning finials & crests I find is to use a good brush and use high tap pressure so to get in all the nooks and crannies. If need be spray with ubik & scrub it in if required, let dwell for a few mins then detail it and rinse well.

Work in progress

View attachment 2996

View attachment 2997

I hate doing them to be honest as some designs are pigs to clean properly so tempted sometimes to pressure wash them but don’t.

Using hot tap water (portable gas water heater) & ubik if required also help on bad stubborn lichen growth too.

Smurf, did you apply the ubik2000 to the soffits and conny using the wfp brush or did you use a one of them pressure hand pumps How did you manage to clean them little decorative things on top of the conservatory?

Back