Crash Course On Canvassing

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Colley614, Jul 7, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Colley614

Colley614 Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I'm after a crash course on canvassing. I've been doing a bit now and then while leafleting but leafleting is taking forever and the low returns I am seeing are putting me off. So I've decided to turn my attention to canvassing and I'm wondering does anybody have a routine for example:-

Sunday I sit down and work out which areas to hit.

Monday leaflet x amount of houses

Tuesday canvass Mondays leafleted area before leafleting another area

until Friday when you just finish for the week.

I'm thinking about doing it for a predetermined period of time. I keep promising myself that I will do it but haven't got round to it. I tend to not enjoy doing it although the couple of times I've done it I have had a big grin on my face as I've jumped in my van to head home with a list of new jobs to be done the next day.

I might set aside a day to canvass and see how it goes. Then hopefully I can turn that into a week and then a month.

Advertisement
  2. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I tend to canvass an area that i have a couple of houses on say on a saturday or sunday depending on what shifts my mr's is working
    if i get a couple when canvassing i will put them into the round when im in the area next .
    I do this say 2 weeks before the area is due so i know i have 2 weekends to try and pick more work up in the said area .

if there is no answer when canvassing i pop a leaflet through and then maybe knock a few days later or maybe when im next canvassing the area .

3. harunh

harunh Legend

I do what Gav does, book it in for 2 weeks and then canvass until that day then you should have about 15 jobs for that day in 2 weeks. I havent been canvassing in a while but tomorrow i will be :)

4. saucyness

saucyness Guest

simply ask ...........hello sorry to bother you, do you need a quote for having your windows cleaned, ask to have a look around the back to give them your best price, quote then as much as you like, sort out a frequency get there phonenumber name address including postcode and tell them you text them first in the next few days to leave the side gate ready if needed cos your coming to clean the windows

5. saucyness

saucyness Guest

text message>>>>>>>>hello good evening from saucyness, window cleaner will call tomorrow, please leave side gate ready if needed.

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

do you actually put saucyness on the text?

7. Paul

Paul Guest

^^^ lmao

8. Colley614

Is there any good tricks to getting good results from canvassing. I did a few hours here and there today but never got any new regulars on. It didn't bother me I just thought. I'll get some tomorrow, as they say it's a numbers game and I'm getting closer to a yes. Some days you get loads others non. I might try on a Sunday and see if I get a better result

9. harunh

harunh Legend

Colley target new estates if you want success canvassing. I found when i target estates that are less then 5 years old or some even just built in the past few months i always get a load of yeses.... targetting no new estates is hard... you will get like 1 customers per 150 houses !

10. Colley614

Thats what I've been doing, done 4 in total 2 I got about 25% of the houses and 2 I got nothing but it's a numbers game. I've got 2 more in mind then I'll have to sit down and think of some more

Advertisement