Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Builders cleans - Windows

Green Pro Clean Ltd

So I spent yesterday doing a builders clean on a new extension at a local hotel.

13 Ground floor windows like this with the bars covering them and two more floors of windows that just needed WFP. 39 windows total.

The downstairs was a PITA due to being literally covered in mortar as shown in the pics. The upper levels no issue.

I put in a price of £180 and almost had my hand bitten off. Took me 5 hours to do so I figured £30 per hour plus £30 for costs (fuel, replacement applicator sleeve etc)

Now it has been said on here before that builders wont pay out good money for builders cleans but I have never found that to be the case. I have always found good money in builders cleans so don't really know why so many turn them down. Sure it is propper graft compared to a maintanance clean but we have to work sometimes /emoticons/wink.png

Hi Green, read your interesting post about how to get commercial shop work via taking the building front pic and using it within a quote! Will be doing that for sure.

How do you go about getting builders work like this?is there any little tricks that make it more likely to go ahead? Thanks.

go to the local pub chris, speak to builder/builders (buy him a pint).

if they do refurbishments of a decent size then they will arrange cleaning at the end.

Although this will be total cleaning, clean units, hover and or wash all floors, maybe the windows but usually just general cleaning.

greens price is about what i say and pass it on to someone i know.

So I spent yesterday doing a builders clean on a new extension at a local hotel.

13 Ground floor windows like this with the bars covering them and two more floors of windows that just needed WFP. 39 windows total.

The downstairs was a PITA due to being literally covered in mortar as shown in the pics. The upper levels no issue.

I put in a price of £180 and almost had my hand bitten off. Took me 5 hours to do so I figured £30 per hour plus £30 for costs (fuel, replacement applicator sleeve etc)

Now it has been said on here before that builders wont pay out good money for builders cleans but I have never found that to be the case. I have always found good money in builders cleans so don't really know why so many turn them down. Sure it is propper graft compared to a maintanance clean but we have to work sometimes [emoji6]

Hi Green,
I know your post is from a while ago, but I wanted to ask you what method you used for removing the mortar from the glass?
Did you use any chems?
Can a scraper be used without causing scratches?
I have seen suggestions for using a white vinegar mix, any thoughts on this?
Can the same method be used for frames also?
Sorry for all the questions! Really appreciate your help.
Thanks!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Question for Green Pro Clean Ltd

Hi Green,
I know your post is from a while ago, but I wanted to ask you what method you used for removing the mortar from the glass?
Did you use any chems?
Can a scraper be used without causing scratches?
I have seen suggestions for using a white vinegar mix, any thoughts on this?
Can the same method be used for frames also?
Sorry for all the questions! Really appreciate your help.
Thanks!

Ouch.. I did a 4 story builders clean a few weeks ago for the 2nd time.. 350 first time and took 2 days so charged 400 this time and it took 6 hours.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ouch.. I did a 4 story builders clean a few weeks ago for the 2nd time.. 350 first time and took 2 days so charged 400 this time and it took 6 hours.

Hi koopmaster,
Can I ask what you use to get the cement, mortar and plaster of the windows and the pvc?
Do you just scrape them or do you use some chems?
Thanks.

I told them it won't come off on the first cleans and I'm not responsible if they wanted me to scrape it... In case I scratch the glass. It does break up after over time and washes so I just told them that...

Back