Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Curved / bow windows

Kier

Just starting out by myself. Always done PFS but starting to do traditional. I'm slow but I enjoy it. I've potentially picked up a cafe bar with two huge curved windows and I can't find anything on YouTube on how to read clean them ?. Any tips are welcome. Cheers lads 

Just starting out by myself. Always done PFS but starting to do traditional. I'm slow but I enjoy it. I've potentially picked up a cafe bar with two huge curved windows and I can't find anything on YouTube on how to read clean them ?. Any tips are welcome. Cheers lads 
Curved moulded glass is awkward but traditional methods with a larger than life 24" or greater squeegee and mop work well when used in straight horizontal pulls.

Obviously you can't go diagonally or vertically over a curve 

Do you mean half moon shaped panes of glass, or actually curved?

If you mean half moon windows, or porthole windows, I just fan them. If it was a shop and I was using a pole, I would normally use a morman fliq, but it can be done with a standard squeegee, under zero would be better.

I have only cleaned curved windows on one job, which was an old listed building with a turret, and the glass was shaped to the curve or the turret. With these I straight pulled sideways.

Anymore information on your question. We are here trying to assist you but we are not mind readers and give our time to help others, @laddergarderhas kindly paid attention to your plea 

Cheers lads pretty much what I thought. I've ordered a nice wide unger blade and handle that pivots. Have a few unger bits and am happy with them so far. Cheers for the replies. Really appreciate it ?

Cheers lads pretty much what I thought. I've ordered a nice wide unger blade and handle that pivots. Have a few unger bits and am happy with them so far. Cheers for the replies. Really appreciate it ?
The Unger swivel handle is pretty good. I had to modify mine so it wasn't so stiff 

Back