Customer Cancelled Because I Put Her Windows Up A Pound

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by watty1980, Feb 20, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. watty1980

watty1980 Newcomer

hello lads just wanted to hear your thoughts on this,today I told one of my customers I was putting her windows up from 7 to 8 pounds,as I hadn't put them up for 4 years,her response was window cleaners don't need to put up their prices as all we need is a ladder,squeegee and bucket and that I was being greedy,so she cancelled me.the other customers I cleaned today were fine about it,but now I'm scared to tell the other customers incase more cancel.do what should I do lads ? Any advice would be much appreciated thanks

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

If you are worried, just start putting a few up first, then put a couple up in a month or 2 and carry that on.

3. sdrah

sdrah Guest

window cleaners don't need to put up their prices as all we need is a ladder,squeegee and bucket??

nonsense - ask her what about web designers - they can get away with just a Notepad++

4. Crsmck

Crsmck Member

Me personally, mate I'd just tell the other customers. I'd put money on the extra pound from each decent customer making up for the miserable ones that drop you (which have done you a favour in the long run). And the next customer that makes the whole "all I need is ladders and a squeegee" comment. Say to them they can come out and borrow yours, offer them a shot of cleaning their windows...I doubt they will worry about an extra pound after that.

5. sdrah

sdrah Guest

apart from squeegee and bucket - there are other expenses which goes up every year - fuel , insurance etc food ?! forget what she said

6. MikeJP

MikeJP Active Member

By the sounds of it, you're probably better off without this ignorant little rat! :eek:

If that's her attitude, then i'd be happy not seeing her again anyway if it was me.

Replace her with someone who appreciates a guy working hard trying to make a living for himself and as for the others, do what RC said! Lol ;)

7. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Dont be put off by one person.. even a few people. Even if you broke even when putting prices up its all good. Your working less time for same money

How mnay are you putting up 1.00 pound?

8. watty1980

watty1980 Newcomer

Thanks for the responses lads,appreciate it.i don't think it's too much to ask considering I haven't put them up in 4 years,I mean there's another window cleaner that works in the area that charges more than I do,but 1 pound a month isn't much is it.i know there's a recession going on,but if u can't afford an extra pound,then maybe they shouldn't have a window cleaner,but at the same time I don't want the customers I lost getting someone else who would do it at my old prices,or worse cheaper.

9. Posh

Posh Hero

Wonder if she cancels when her gas leccy & water goes up? Must admit this has also crossed my mind.

10. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Same here Posh lol.

Bigger companys can put prices up, they make billions of pounds a year and still put prices up!
    So why not smaller companys people think we cant

Advertisement