Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner 'All-Season' Pole Hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

Well mine came yesterday. I usually use the orange hose from aquadapter but as I keep springing leaks due to me kinking the hose, I thought I'd give this one a go. I have had Gardiner pole hose before (the old yellow one) and didn't like it as any kind of snag would pull the hose out of the John Guest connector and mean re-threading the pole everytime it happened . Yes I know barbs will help, but I was unaware of them at the time.

I'm not going to knock the aquadapter hose, but, it coils up like an octopus round your ankles, coils up when extending the pole, but it does have kinkability! You can shut the flow off by kinking it easily.

Now to the new Gardiner hose. First off the price, £4.50 + VAT and postage for a 30m length. That is well cheap! Did the hose pull out of the John Guest on snagging? No. Did it coil like an octopus? No. Did it coil up when extending the pole? No. Now for the kinkabilty test. Could I stop the flow by kinking the hose? No, not fully, it trickled out slowly. Do I like the hose? Yes!

Marks out of ten. 8.5, reason being, it failed the kinkability test. Maybe it will loosen up or kink using hot water. Maybe Alex could answer that question for me. I was using cold water and the temperature was around 5°.

I'm not going to knock the aquadapter hose, but, it coils up like an octopus round your ankles, coils up when extending the pole
Interesting tuffers, i really like how the aquadapter hose coils for storing the pole, and when moving onto the next window/house, but!! On these points above you are sooo right

Well mine came yesterday. I usually use the orange hose from aquadapter but as I keep springing leaks due to me kinking the hose, I thought I'd give this one a go. I have had Gardiner pole hose before (the old yellow one) and didn't like it as any kind of snag would pull the hose out of the John Guest connector and mean re-threading the pole everytime it happened . Yes I know barbs will help, but I was unaware of them at the time.
I'm not going to knock the aquadapter hose, but, it coils up like an octopus round your ankles, coils up when extending the pole, but it does have kinkability! You can shut the flow off by kinking it easily.

Now to the new Gardiner hose. First off the price, £4.50 + VAT and postage for a 30m length. That is well cheap! Did the hose pull out of the John Guest on snagging? No. Did it coil like an octopus? No. Did it coil up when extending the pole? No. Now for the kinkabilty test. Could I stop the flow by kinking the hose? No, not fully, it trickled out slowly. Do I like the hose? Yes!

Marks out of ten. 8.5, reason being, it failed the kinkability test. Maybe it will loosen up or kink using hot water. Maybe Alex could answer that question for me. I was using cold water and the temperature was around 5°.
8.5!!!! Praise indeed /emoticons/smile.png

I have to admit that in my design brief the 'kinkability test' was not a feature I was trying to achieve. However with warm water it may well loosen up enough to pass your 'kinkability test'. As to using cold water and kinking, maybe it will improve with a few days use, but I cannot guarantee it.

Mine came today all in all £12. Haven't tried it out yet but by Tuffers review it sounds ok. Will try mine out after the hols

Back