Customer Won't Pay ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by All Round Cleaning, Dec 4, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

If a customer won't pay I suggest sending them one of these !

For the sake of £2 which of course you will add to the bill and other costs I would reccomend
    Sending them one of these letters , I have heard of people having great success through this route .

http://www.thomashiggins.com

Although it says it's for business to business it still works with joe public .

Advertisement
  2. laddergarder

You could send them one yourself, threatening court action, but I don't think it would be perceived too well. Especially if its for a fiver, and its an old pensioner or vulnerable member of the public. You could end up looking like the bad guy in it. My advice would be, don't waste any more time or money on them.

3. All Round Cleaning

Your getting the wrong end of the stick here fella .

I'm talking about the people who won't pay , obviously people need to use a bit of common sense .

Any way if I have done a job for someone I expect to get paid regardless of if it's £10 or £100 my time is my money
    If they won't pay they will get one of these .
    At the moment I'm runnin round chasing debts from customers where I have called several times for £10 I've worked for it so I want it .

4. WindyCleanerMan

WindyCleanerMan Active Member

Here here, No longer a user, I agree with you there, if its a genuine I cant pay then i'll give benefit of the doubt, but in cases like gmeister has just had I agree 100%

5. Extremecleansussex

Extremecleansussex Active Member

I don't get stressed about it, if the customer doesn't pay I just don't go back. I don't worry about the money, life's too short!

6. All Round Cleaning

Yeah it's ok saying that when you have an established round but when you have been running for 6 months and %25 of your customers don't pay on time it's bloody hard work and it's annoying .

It's ok if your making 2k a week your not going to miss £50 here and there but for guys like me where I'm earning £1k a month , £200 outstanding is a lot of money .

7. laddergarder

Its not that I am getting the wrong end the stick. I can think of one job I did recently, big house, £30 was a bit of an irregular payer, anyway never paid two months in a row. So I invoiced them, and it states on it that there account will be on hold until the amount is paid. That's all the time and energy I give it. Its just not profitable, to spend money and time chasing customers that have no intention of paying you. Its just better to drop them and move on.

8. All Round Cleaning

But as I've said above every penny counts when you are small time .

Last month I was owed £600 out of my months money now if I didn't get that money I wouldn't be in business would I .
    It's ok when you have 300 or 400 customers and 2 vans or 3 vans on the road you can afford to write off the odd £10 £20 off .
    It's us little fish who struggle when people owe us money .

I'm sure you have been there when you started out if not then lucky you .
    There are people out there who this will help a great deal and then there are people like you who obviously couldn't give a ****
    If they got paid or not .
    I unfortunately are not one of the latter .

9. Squeak and Bubbles

To be honest I know were your coming from. Before I start any job I have all the contact details from the customer, if they don't pay (as they get a receipt) once I have done a clean. They have 7 days to pay, then I send them a text "saying we are chasing payment". If I don't hear from them or they don't pay in another 5 days, then I text and say, "If payment isn't received in the next 3 days, we will give all your information to our debt collecting agency who will collect the funds". I promise this works a teat, and never ever failed.

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I just sent my own letter/ invoices giving them 2weeks between each one, then the one before the threat with court action there is a £5 late payment charge added.

Advertisement