Customers cancelling during winter months

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by nearlyclean, Dec 9, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. nearlyclean

Supplier

I just read this article about morrisons reducing their window cleaning in winter months
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...w-cleaning-as-it-battles-declining-sales.html
    I know myself when a customer has says in october "can we leave it till march" or "can you come every other month through winter" I have had to bit my lip. But a national company doing this, hope none of my customers read this and think its a good idea. Don't think reducing their window cleaning bill will combat declining sales either

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I drop customers like these in an instant, do they think my bills stop coming in during winter?

3. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

I'm guessing these are people not on a comfortable living wage & are opting for paying for heating instead.

4. Posh

Posh Hero

E
    xactly right. There not worried about your bills. They think of themselves & there family as I would.

5. Posh

Posh Hero

#5 Posh, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Do
    do you think they sit there and say we're a bit short with Xmas coming up but we won't stop the window cleaner as he has bills to pay. I have there custom all year & if I have to miss 1 clean its not the end of the world.

6. Andykarlaxxx

Andykarlaxxx Forum Addict

It is what it is

7. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in their financial situation, I'm interested in mine. I want and only keep reliable customers who pay on time, don't drop months when they feel like it and are good for my business.

8. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i have a 3 strike rule turn me away 3 times in a row 4 no good resion an ur off the list i dont mind if there going away an wana miss the odd clean i wrk on a 6 weekly syclen or if they pefer 12 weekly thats fine i dont do every 3rd time tho makes things to complacated all i ask of my custmers is to b relible to me as i am to them simple as that realy

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Had a text off one tonight. She's 8 weekly. Wants me to clean tomorrow and return end of March. Like wtf, she's going to miss something like 6 weeks above the normal schedule. What's the point, as I'll probably get behind anyway when the Winter arrives.

10. Posh

Posh Hero

Wouldn't we all. But after a while I know roughly what ones are prob going to stop & plan for it. If they don't its a bonus & as Tuffers said you probably get behind in winter anyway. Each to there own I suppose. I just wouldn't get rid of someone coz they miss 1 clean over winter or at the most 2 especially when I can't guarantee them ill be on time over winter coz of the weather.

Advertisement