Customers Sighning Window Cleaning Contracts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by WJCN64, May 12, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. WJCN64

WJCN64 Active Member

i was just wondering i g anyone get your customers to sighn a contract to ovoid complications and missunderstandings etc etc does it put people off at all??

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

It's been talked about before and not sure if anyones actually tried it for residential, but I could tell you what I'd say to my windie if he ever pulled a contract out for me to sign.

Clean version is Do One

3. OoO

OoO Guest

I think when you are starting out, you take any work you can get!

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

If you wanna do terms and conditions.

This could help you?

Attached Files:

4. Vince Green

Vince Green Active Member

Nobody in their right mind is going to sign a contract with a window cleaner and you will scare off most customers just by mentioning it. Its like these silly terms and conditions that some people try to enforce.
    If they want you they want you, if they don't - tough.

5. WJCN64

WJCN64 Active Member

i know its just somtimes i find that people cancel for stupid reasons.....

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Yeah so do I, had one said she'd moved. Shame she forgot I clean next door, she was on doorstep smoking a *** next time I came round lol.

7. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Some people are embarrassed to say they can`t afford it any more. just accept their cancellation and move on, I wouldn`t try to force any one to keep having me knowing they are struggling.

Nor would I question their reason for canceling.

I just keep doing what I do and looking after my own bank balance.

8. Mart1001

Mart1001 Well-Known Member

Sometimes, when talking about bad payers, people mention that you couldn't go into Asda, pick something up and not pay for it(custy not paying after you've cleaned). Likewise, if you decide you want to buy your jam from Tesco this week rather than Asda, they(Asda) couldn't then pull you off the street and demand a reason why you're not shopping with them today.

For me, a customer shouldn't have to feel obliged to use your service, and they shouldn't have to explain why although, it's polite if they do.

Mart.

9. WJCN64

WJCN64 Active Member

thanks for the advice guys ! i may use the form from damo with a few minor agustments, its just if you sighn up for any other service you usuly get the terms and conditions....

10. Vince Green

Vince Green Active Member

Customers come and go, I think in a lot of cases they just lose interest. Short attention span. They want you when the windows are really dirty but when you come back next time they still look pretty good.

They probably start yoga and stop going after a few times as well. Its just the sort of person they are. I have always found you pick up more customers like this if you canvass door to door. Until you knock they had never considered having their windows cleaned.

Advertisement