Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Testing My Oil Filled Radiator Out Tonight

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

One slight concern. I've checked on it a couple of times and I'm a bit worried about the condensation on the van roof. I've hung a dry cloth from the roof above the rad, but concerned a drop of water will go in the electrics of the rad.

Thoughts people?

Not much you can do with that one but if any consolation I've ran a convector type element heater more espoused than that one without any issues.

If you don't have a bulkhead in the van that separates the cab you could always set up in the cab instead as the roof should be lined so gets no condensation on the roof of the cab.

Got a bulkhead Smurph. Thinking about it, I've got some sheets of polystyrene on order. I was going to stick them behind the ply-lining. I might stick them to the roof instead. That should help.

:Image12: Yup! :Image10:.......

It's around this time of year I start reminding everyone about my insulated, centrally heated garage complete with remote controlled door :Image13:.

Floor is all tiled aswell :Image7:.

OH YEAH!........... Did I mention that my garage has got central heating :Image13: :Image13: :Image13: .

Mine has got solar heating!!

not really, I don't have a garage /emoticons/sad.png

Doesn't get cold enough to worry about drastic measures in S.Wales.

The older you get the colder it gets........I only have to look at the Mrs :Image4:..... weather and I feel a shiver :Image13:.

Are you from South Wales RiceRocket?

One slight concern. I've checked on it a couple of times and I'm a bit worried about the condensation on the van roof. I've hung a dry cloth from the roof above the rad, but concerned a drop of water will go in the electrics of the rad.

Thoughts people?
Just get 3 bits of cheapo wood & knock up a little shelter for it! Angle top & any drips can run off wherever you want.
The heat chucked out by that rad shouldn't be an issue & it'll still do its job.

Though sticking a few sheets of polystyrene on the roof isn't a bad idea. Most of the heat will be wasted through the roof - means you can turn the rad down, get the same result & save money on electric.

Or get yourself a couple of cheapo tin foil blankets off fleabay - like they get at the end of a marathon - stick to inside of roof etc. Cost a couple of quid each.

Back