Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

low cost start up advice.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

willowtreecleaning

Seen this on line, back pack, 100gdp ro system, 15ft pole and brush, tds meter £280.

Is this ok to get started or should I build a trolley, seen a great one one you tube, for about £160 to build.

If I go trolley route, where is best to get a start up pole, brush, ro system.

Want to be up and ready for january start

15 ft pole wont be big enough, i would build a trolley if i was you. Poles??? Look on the other thread 'poles versus poles' and check out the websites of said manufacturers/suppliers

Good luck mate

Its high, around 350. Need a basic ro to start as I have no customers yet, but as soon as I can afford to I will upgrade to a van system, but for now my budget is below £400.

hi mate, its cost me just over £100 for my trolley to build then microbore hose £30, 600 ltr tank £40, about to order an 300gpd ro with a di chamber for £133 on ebay but i only have a tds reading of 70ppm whereas yours i think you'd need a bigger di tank but dont quote me on that as im still learning about wfp!

as for poles, ive been researching and from what i read you cant go wrong with a gardiner clx22 as a good starter comes with pole,neck and fitting for around £135, but somebodys told me tonight that aquadapter are bringing a pole out this weekish thats about same price and a few people ive spoke to are raving about it but who knows i cant find any street reviews yet!

as u see it all adds up and im trying to do it on a budget!

Chesh....i've been talking to steven (aquadapter) this morning, and he says the poles are very nearly ready, but his tool makers keep letting him down, he was very excited about the clamps, said there was a feature on them that would make them stand out!

Also the picture used on his site is just a generic photo and dont represent his poles.

I asked him to get some pictures up so we could all take a look, he will do asap

Willow, if you haven't got any custys yet, then dont rush, get the right gear to begin with, it will make your life alot easier, also have a right good look at chesh's trolley it really is brilliant.

One thing i have learnt about wfp, is diy is the way forward, the systems are very very simple, but getting your head around it all can make your head spin a bit. Best bet is get together with someone local and have a right good look at their setup, you will find most windys are very happy to show you how it all works

i got prices off him earler and mark m has pm'd me on facebook saying he's getting first one on friday and the first batch are all pretty much sold out but he has a few reserved and marks asked him to hold one for me but i had my mind on a gardiners lol now its just thrown things back in the air as im hearing good things from a few people inc mark!

hi mate, its cost me just over £100 for my trolley to build then microbore hose £30, 600 ltr tank £40, about to order an 300gpd ro with a di chamber for £133 on ebay but i only have a tds reading of 70ppm whereas yours i think you'd need a bigger di tank but dont quote me on that as im still learning about wfp!as for poles, ive been researching and from what i read you cant go wrong with a gardiner clx22 as a good starter comes with pole,neck and fitting for around £135, but somebodys told me tonight that aquadapter are bringing a pole out this weekish thats about same price and a few people ive spoke to are raving about it but who knows i cant find any street reviews yet!

as u see it all adds up and im trying to do it on a budget!
where do you get 600l tanks for 40 quid

got a 450 gal a day ro from ebay £150 company was called collings wood it makes more good water than bad and the reading of good water is 3

Sorry yes thats the place. The guy is really helpful i called him a few times when i first got mine. called him a few days after it arrived needed a couple of extra connectors with hose lock fitting on the end got em 2 days later free of charge its not much but it shows good service and i think thats important. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Its high, around 350. Need a basic ro to start as I have no customers yet, but as soon as I can afford to I will upgrade to a van system, but for now my budget is below £400.

If all you’re prepared to put in at this time is less than £400, why not start out doing trad, for the first few months at least. You will build up a customer base, learn a lot and turnover a few thousand in the process, and then you can more comfortable move over to wfp.

Richard

Thanks for advice richard, 15 stone and 50 years old, I want to keep away from the ladders as much as possible as the old footie knees may just give up on me, /emoticons/smile.png

Fair enough, stick with wfp. £400 is low but you might be able to get up & running with little trouble, then it wont be long at all before you re-coup your investment.

Good luck

Richard

Thanks richard, im building trolley over xmas, should come to under £150, got pole off ebay £10. I have found a place where I can get pure water for now, just need a brush, some hoses etc and should be knocking on dooes just in time for the winter snow, I must be mental but need the dough.

Back