Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A Hole In My Hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

simon

is there a way of mending the hole , it seems a waste to just get a whole new length - its near the middle so i cant just cut it off

i've been lucky so far then! my hoses havent got any yet! and they have had buses, cars, lorrys, tractor and vans all over them as i have to park van one side of the road and the house i clean is on the other side with no car parking area!

I put similar post on here while back and just noticed Alex gardiner had replied saying to phone up and thy would replace it ciz it was less thn 6 month old. Post was over month ago so prob to late to ring

my hose is the soft yellow one that gardiners have stopped selling cos they got complaints about it i think, but i've used it every working day since i got it 15 months ago & this is the first hole so its done me well. i know i've seen a video somewhere about hose repair involving fishing line but i just cant find it. also my hose is 6mm & the joins rc recomended look good but are 8mm to 8mm. im sure ive seen plastic ones somewhere but i cant find them either

my hose is the soft yellow one that gardiners have stopped selling cos they got complaints about it i think, but i've used it every working day since i got it 15 months ago & this is the first hole so its done me well. i know i've seen a video somewhere about hose repair involving fishing line but i just cant find it. also my hose is 6mm & the joins rc recomended look good but are 8mm to 8mm. im sure ive seen plastic ones somewhere but i cant find them either

these will work as well, cut the hose, heat the 2 ends of the hose into hot water and wait then push the O clips over hose then push the metal joint into the hose. then when its cool it will make a better connection.

DONT use plastic as if a car or anything runs over it it could break and thats the end of that!

thats them mark cheers, i spent ages on ebay & i couldnt find em, i should of said i only use a backpack so my hose never gets run over so plastic ones are ok

thats them mark cheers, i spent ages on ebay & i couldnt find em, i should of said i only use a backpack so my hose never gets run over so plastic ones are ok
oh right thats ok then,

Back