Dark side tomorrow

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by J and S, Jun 26, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. J and S

J and S Active Member

New gear sorted unleash it on the world tomorrow.
    Did my own yesterday....look good today apart from one window which has spotting down the middle of the pane.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. David K

David K Forum Addict

If wfp is the "Dark side " i must be Darth Vader :D
    when you scrubbed the frames and glass , do a Quick rinse, go on to the next , return and this time avoid the few inches before the top-frame on the glass when you rinse/Quick scrub(glass only) . It could Also just be a bad seal at the frame .

3. J and S

J and S Active Member

Cheers David...there's 2 top hangers above said pane which might be the cause.

4. Den

Den Forum Addict

The vents can be a pain I had dripping on my vents just do what David says, all bottoms vent and frames I wipe with sill clothe that seem to sort it, there is one house I do top window drips down the wall onto a lip and above the bottom window and drips chronic on to the grass noticed this on first clean its small house so I will do that top window first, rest of the house then back to the bottom window last, new to it all so experiencing and learning as I go along, thanks to forum as answered all my questions so far.

Good luck

5. J and S

J and S Active Member

What I'm worried about is the recommended flow rate, was told 20 - 40 litres a minute.....250 litres isn't going to last long at that flow rate so how do you make 250 litres last all day.
    The trolley with 2 containers on is a piece of p to wheel about.
    Most of my work is very compact so changing barrels straight from the van will not be a problem time to go soon and find out what I have let myself in for.

6. C Rose Cleaning Services

I have a 25L backpack mounted to a trolley that does about 2-3 houses depending on the size. I use traditional downstairs still to save water and a ladder to get up on to flat roofs where the pole cannot reach and I go through about 125L of water a day doing 10 - 15 or so houses with a mixture of all the above, so 250L should be plenty for you. Have to admit though it took me some getting used to before I was confident in leaving the Windows without checking them but after a few months I think the results are better than trad at times, and the frames look awesome.

Good luck, it's worth the money!

7. J and S

J and S Active Member

Well used it on 5 this morning and although a tad slow it did the job......50 litres lasted about 90 minutes all told so might turn it up to quicken the rinse.....took me that long to do 2 houses I normally do in around 50 mins trad.

8. C Rose Cleaning Services

Not too bad then. Just be careful when upping the flow as the splashing leaves the Windows spotty. I try and use as low as poss to get an even run off without any spread or splash (about 1/8th up on my flow dial).

Advertisement