Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi I'm Martin

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Martin31388

Hi I'm Martin. I have been window cleaning on and off for around 6 years and just started my own round. They are all 3 storey houses and I can't currently afford a pole system so I was wondering what ladder I would need to reach the 3 storey windows?? Thanks. P.s due to be cleaned this week so I'm in urgent need.

Hi Martin ..welcomeI had these..3 section 12 rung and could do gutters on 3 storey houses with them

A bit heavy at around 30 kilos but solid

Ladderstore take a while to deliver but i would google the model number you want as they are in a lot of suppliers

http://www.ladderstore.com/ladders/extension-ladders/lyte-light-duty-trade-extension-ladders.html
Hi, thank you for that. I have just seen the 2 section 15 rungs do you think this will reach? Don't want anything too heave as have a few houses to clean and I'm not the biggest of guys!!

Depends..if you have someone local selling water you can get brush pole and pump box for 185 quid and then your laughing

LYTE triples 10 rung will fit the bill. and the first 2 sections are perfect size for regular work.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes hopefully I just can't afford one yet and think I'll be stupid getting one for just 11 jobs
I do agree initially but never be embarrassed about starting with just 11 customers, my round is just below 600 at present and I started out with just 1 customer as did many on here.

Dont lose heart take the slow days on the chin and you will be amazed how quickly the round will blossom.

Where about are you working?

Depends

I either shove a drum on the trolley and shove that on top or other way round

If i can park on the driveway i usually just grab a drum and the pump box and stick it on the ground..i have enough hose to reach round most average houses

Only get enough hose to use with a trolley with the pole but if you run it on the outside you can do a whole side without moving trolley

I picked up a backpack system and brush from Gardiners, think it was less than £250...My self preservation instinct is too strong for tradding third floor windows...good luck with the round, with a bit of advertising and door knocking you will soon have plenty.

Good luck Martin. Have a look at Brown's for ladders on the net. They supply Lyte ladders and a very helpful.

Take care on the three storey work. And make sure you get some good articulated feet fitted to what ever ladder you buy.

Keep looking on this forum there is some great help on here.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Welcome Martin, I'm Andy./emoticons/biggrin.png

BPS ladders are ok. The 12 rung will get you to where you want to be, and the wide base feels nice for tall work. Ignore the sales countdown bllockks, its always on sale.

Back