Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Darn, not a good start to the day

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i tweaked my back again yesterday too...the best thing to do if its muscular is to carry on working and take it easy in the evenings...i take paracetamol and ibuprofen together a few times a day and crack on.....

the worst thing you can do is sit around and do nothing...itll make it worse mate and itll take longer to heal.....
Aye but when it effects your breathing then you know is a bad one. Starting back Thursday if its any better with the back support. Not much you can do when the back goes bar take it easy.

Aye but when it effects your breathing then you know is a bad one. Starting back Thursday if its any better with the back support. Not much you can do when the back goes bar take it easy.
effects your breathing?never heard of that mate,......mines just a muscle strain...its still sore as hell esp  first thing in the morning or if ive been sat down for a while but keeping moving is the only way to get it to heal quicker.....

effects your breathing?never heard of that mate,......mines just a muscle strain...its still sore as hell esp  first thing in the morning or if ive been sat down for a while but keeping moving is the only way to get it to heal quicker.....
I've had a sore back on and off for years and even sciatica. Putting on my socks is the hardest thing I have to do. Doc just says its mechanical and not much they can do. Problem with me is all my work is physical and I usually grind it out with painkillers and wear a back support. It usually happens when I need a rest ? 

GVW could be 3200kgs but the kerb weight would be below 2 tonnes 

https://www.anchorvans.co.uk/specifications/ford/ranger/
Cheers, I believe mine is over 2t as it's an automatic ?

Okay, my weight today was under 3t and I hit a Dacia Duster on the side as it was turning into my junction. His rear door is severely dented and cannot be opened,  and I hardly felt the impact myself! 

Looks like I'm going to be off the road yet again soon ?

There's a lot of cracks that you might not be able to see in the photo. Whole grill and front bumper needs replacing. There might be some damage inside too. The brackets for the number plate are smashed so my new number plate is stuck on for now. 

I'm leaving it all to the insurance company! 

I think he cut the corner somewhat but it's still my fault because I pulled out of the junction and hit him. I can't wriggle out of it. I should have spotted him. 

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a lot of cracks that you might not be able to see in the photo. Whole grill and front bumper needs replacing. There might be some damage inside too. The brackets for the number plate are smashed so my new number plate is stuck on for now. 

I'm leaving it all to the insurance company! 

I think he cut the corner somewhat but it's still my fault because I pulled out of the junction and hit him. I can't wriggle out of it. I should have spotted him. 
Sugar. Hopefully they don't make it too much of a difficult claim.

One of my customers cut a corner the other day while I was coming out of her estate (and turning right)...I was furious...I just missed her so I know how easily it could happen.....a few hours later she paid me 2 cleans in advance...??...

The worst thing I see every week (at least once)is drivers who overtake a cyclist on a bend or just before a bridge because they cant wait 30 seconds until they can see the other side of the road..absolute madness...really stupid people and these are all ages who do this!?

One of my customers cut a corner the other day while I was coming out of her estate (and turning right)...I was furious...I just missed her so I know how easily it could happen.....a few hours later she paid me 2 cleans in advance...??...

The worst thing I see every week (at least once)is drivers who overtake a cyclist on a bend or just before a bridge because they cant wait 30 seconds until they can see the other side of the road..absolute madness...really stupid people and these are all ages who do this!?
Had someone do similar yesterday, theres was myself, then a 7.5t lorry, then a cement mixer, he went past me and the lorry in one, then went to pull back in, then changed his mind and just went for it because he didnt want to wait, and missed an oncoming BMW estate by a few mm and set the poor guy about 70% up the grass bank at about 60mph. Nearly caused a 4 vehicle pile up all because he couldnt wait 30 seconds in his clapped out golf gti....

Last edited by a moderator:
Had someone do similar yesterday, theres was myself, then a 7.5t lorry, then a cement mixer, he went past me and the lorry in one, then went to pull back in, then changed his mind and just went for it because he didnt want to wait, and missed an oncoming BMW estate by a few mm and set the poor guy about 70% up the grass bank at about 60mph. Nearly caused a 4 vehicle pile up all because he couldnt wait 30 seconds in his clapped out golf gti....
Wasn’t  @dazmond was it ????

Problem with me when my back plays up is that I like to spend money. Got a big invoice paid today and keep reminiscing of last year when I met a guy softwashing all the industrial units where I was parked. I asked him where he bought his softwash wheel barrow he was using and he told me from Ben at Rutland Pumps. So I'm going to buy one for spraying roofs with biocide. Don't need power, water, dosing units or a long hose because you just fill it up and wheel it round. Got 650l tank in van so I can use that if I need a top up. Back to work tomorrow with a roof spray, pvc clean and PW driveway. Customer doesn't have outside tap but I saw the below link that can be fitted onto an inside tap.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GYKC524/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i will overtake 3 or 4 vehicles at once in my new GTD if the road is clear and there dawdling along doing 30mph in a 50......it feels great!but im not stupid....i wouldnt overtake on a bend or just before a bridge......and certainly not in my van!

i will overtake 3 or 4 vehicles at once in my new GTD if the road is clear and there dawdling along doing 30mph in a 50......it feels great!but im not stupid....i wouldnt overtake on a bend or just before a bridge......and certainly not in my van!
Used to do the same in my old 1.9PD Octavia, had a lovely little remap on it so acceleration was almost linear from about 1900rpm?, used to run out of revs too quickly on a 3 car overtake in 3rd?. But again, only done when i could see a mile ahead and nobody was looking like overtaking. This guy the other day was just nuts, he managed to get a whole 30 yards ahead by the time we were queuing at the roundabout?

Sorry to hear about your accident! Glad you're ok!

Can I see your setup in the back though? I love a pickup, used to have a 5.4l v8 F150 when I Lived in Canada and would love to be able to justify buying a pickup here one day as I miss it a lot haha!! 

IMG_7761.JPG

Sorry to hear about your accident! Glad you're ok!

Can I see your setup in the back though? I love a pickup, used to have a 5.4l v8 F150 when I Lived in Canada and would love to be able to justify buying a pickup here one day as I miss it a lot haha!! 

View attachment 24096
When we went diving in the caymans we hired a V8 F350 twin rear wheels , it was the size of a house ??? nice drive though 

Cheers! I'm thinking I might be able to convince the mrs I need one as my roof cleaning truck ?
You will need the water tank as an extra fuel tank ???

Back