Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Free Advertising With Thompson And Yell

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

I have a free listing on both of these and this week i have had 2 calls from these, one for a gutter clean and one for me to do the windows have any of you lot done this advertising?

Im told Thompson are better than Yell now, well there online is. Dont pay for Yell its **** now.... They use these free listings you get your details, then phone you up and slaver a load of **** to get you to sign up, both of them told me because there partners with Google they could make my site top for my key words.

After asking them how they know how goggles algorithm works, they dropped that part of there pitch and started blabbering on about something else. How there phone number would get me more business....useless sales people lol. Yell even offered to come out to my house to ''show me a package'' the offer.

Yeh thats what they told me that they are partners with google, i just said to the bloke who works for yell "ive got the free listing up now and thats all i want" . Goodbye ! /emoticons/smile.png

It's weird as I've heard some prone get good results, others get nothing! I've personally never seen anything from my listing, which I'll add, I spent 4 hours working on! Not many people actually uses these directories to search for things anymore. There are some industry-specific ones that work though!

After asking them how they know how goggles algorithm works, they dropped that part of there pitch and started blabbering on about something else
That's cos they don't know how the algorithm works. They're still buying domain names with postcodes in them! Their idea of SEO is about 2 years out of date.

It's weird as I've heard some prone get good results, others get nothing! I've personally never seen anything from my listing, which I'll add, I spent 4 hours working on! Not many people actually uses these directories to search for things anymore. There are some industry-specific ones that work though!
Same here Iain .

If I ever need anything it's google for me .

i need to sign up for thompson

and yell.com is not worth paying why do that when u can go forr google adwords /emoticons/wink.png

Back