Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Database issue

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Evening all so you most likely notice we had some more downtime due to a corporation in our database.

Sadly I had to restore a backup which meant we lost a few posts from today along with a load of work I did today ?‍? but hey we are back at least!

If anyone faces any errors or issue please let me know here so I can fix it ASAP.

Not an issue as such, but I reckon the status/profile posts can or should be completely dropped or hidden as it's pointless and people have only posted in there by accident

If you put the details how to become a paying member, I’ll try to do it again.
I looked into doing it in the passed, but if I remember correctly, you wouldn’t do direct debit?

Are you going to add an edit facility in the future, please?

I also liked the additional "agree" emoji (if that's what it's called) in the old software.

Thanks
When you say edit do you mean ability to edit your posts? If so then you already can but there is a 30 minute limit from the time you submitted the post.

Hi Gav. Sorry, I'm impatient. I only seem to see all my written mistakes once I've posted a reply.

I see you have added a couple of extra emojis. Thanks

Try installing the Grammarly app on your PC's browser, it does only work with certain browsers, I use Opera but have a Google Chrome app store plugin and it works with opera browser and thankfully now with the new forum software it auto corrects spelling and grammar but can be wrong sometimes with certain words due to it being an American app despite selecting the Uk option, I have used it for years now and it's very good.

The adverts are making the page jump up and down when it switches to a different size advert. Can this be fixed as it's hard to read with the page moving. The fix is to click the advert off but it's more other users who might not know and find it annoying.

The adverts are making the page jump up and down when it switches to a different size advert. Can this be fixed as it's hard to read with the page moving. The fix is to click the advert off but it's more other users who might not know and find it annoying.

Ok have made a few adjustments which should improve this.

Try installing the Grammarly app on your PC's browser, it does only work with certain browsers, I use Opera but have a Google Chrome app store plugin and it works with opera browser and thankfully now with the new forum software it auto corrects spelling and grammar but can be wrong sometimes with certain words due to it being an American app despite selecting the Uk option, I have used it for years now and it's very good.
The problem is when I reply on my phone. Predictive text is great but can be a pain equally.

I do have a grammar ap on my computer, but I'm sometimes having to rewrite what I've written as the gist may not make sense to others. My dyslexic mind doesn't help me write simple explanations concisely, as I'm sure you gave already gathered. :unsure:

Hi Gav , I have been on this page but cannot see any way of subscribing??? Probably me as a techno dinosaur??? ???
That would be because you are already a premium member. Anyone that already paid on the old software I have given a month to on this software once that month is up you can subscribe again. There will be a purchase button as below.

Screenshot_20220305-194547_Edge.jpg

My dyslexic mind doesn't help me write simple explanations concisely, as I'm sure you gave already gathered. :unsure:
Is long winded replies a sign of a dyslexic mind? I have always been terrible at English, it's the only academic exam I have ever failed. I have always struggled at short concise answers as you all probably have seen :D. My Mum still recons the only reason I learned to read was to read the Radio times so I knew what was on tv ?

See a long question!!!

Back