Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Database issue

Update on email notifications on thread replies etc. If you turn email off in preferences that setting only takes affect for future threads you watch.

Any threads you currently watch you will have to unwatch to have no notifications on site or email. If you still want on site alerts then you need to unwatch and them watch after you have removed the email preferences in your account settings.
Ah ok thanks Gav that makes sense as some replies aren’t generating emails and some are given a bit of time old posts will disappear and it will stop sending them . Thanks ?

The email notifications are annoying. Unsubscribed on numerous occasions, made sure all preferences are disabled and saved and still being bombarded with emails about posts

The email notifications are annoying. Unsubscribed on numerous occasions, made sure all preferences are disabled and saved and still being bombarded with emails about posts
Sadly the only way to stop email notifications on threads you already followed before moving to this software is to do this.
Update on email notifications on thread replies etc. If you turn email off in preferences that setting only takes affect for future threads you watch.

Any threads you currently watch you will have to unwatch to have no notifications on site or email. If you still want on site alerts then you need to unwatch and them watch after you have removed the email preferences in your account settings.

I've noticed " &amp " appearing randomly in some posts, dunno if it's a forum problem or someone typing it wrong?
Yeah sadly this is a formatting issue with the software change. It's essentially pulling in code for the & symbol rather than just showing the &. Looking into a fix but not sure at this point.

Sadly the only way to stop email notifications on threads you already followed before moving to this software is to do this.
As annoying as they may have been, it would appear that the lack of email notifications has turned the forum into a ghost town. I think maybe you've underestimated the amount of traffic having an email generated. If someone posts something they may well just forget about it and get on with their day.

As annoying as they may have been, it would appear that the lack of email notifications has turned the forum into a ghost town. I think maybe you've underestimated the amount of traffic having an email generated. If someone posts something they may well just forget about it and get on with their day.
Yes its definitely a lot quieter since the upgrade or folk are busier now.

There were always people on though. there's a constant cycle of people, newbies, existing people etc etc. The emails remind you to go back and look. Sometimes if you spot someone with an interesting (or argumentative) point on something you'd log on to check?
Aye, always looking for ideas or if something has happened that day that's interesting.

Emails should still work if you have them set in your profile.
I've never set anything. They used to just come through, now they don't. It never used to be an opt in thing. Thats kinda what I meant, I think it should be an opt out thing so everyone gets an emails about posts they've corresponded with when people reply until they choose otherwise.

Back