**** day all round.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by TolishAPurd, Jun 28, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TolishAPurd

Lovely sunny day today and this is one of my best round of work that I've had from the start. Cracked on with the first house and the old lady came out and was visibly stressed. Her husband's in a home and has dementia, and the government are messing about with her money. She was really having a bad time of it, and said she was hard up for money so can I just do the front. No problem I said it'll just be a tenner. It took me seconds with the wfp, so I let her keep it and put it towards her taxi that was on its way. I would never normally do this but it was a little bit of good karma or so I thought...

Went to go and clean my next house which is always a pain, but will be perfect with a wfp. She's decided to put a canopy up blocking my only access to the roof. She was a bit anti the pole. So with the two combined, I think I'm going to lose that one.

On to the next house, and the customer that was a vicar, decided to change religion to Hindu along with changing all her furniture..... either that, or she has moved out and not bothered to tell me. The to let sign lying in the back garden suggests it's the latter.

On the the next two houses that were neighbours. Poling them for the first time and nearly finished them both, when one of the women comes out and starts complaining. I very nearly walked off and left them to it, but why should they get a free clean out of me. So I kept my cool...a bit...but she had nothing to complain about other than the fact that she didn't like the pole. They reluctantly paid and told me not to come back, even though the windows were spotless.

Sometimes you're the pigeon, sometimes you're the statue.:rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Nothing worse when they go on about the pole, just feel like saying you f*cking do it then lol

3. TolishAPurd

What pissed me off was her tone of voice. As far as I'm concerned it's a business transaction so if they don't like it, just be calm and polite and let me explain. And then from their they can pick or choose. But the old cow came out running her mouth off, and them moaning to her friend making a scene. I nearly walked off but no way was I going to let them both get a free clean.

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

id increase your efforts to find fresh work, the new steady influx will override any losses

5. TolishAPurd

Yep will do for that day at least. Elsewhere I'm busy, but a bit like the eu, this days round is crumbling apart.

6. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I pulled my hose out at a house before and she chased me back up the path with it lol

7. TolishAPurd

You should have squirted her full blatt mate. :DI suppose I better get used to the negativity. They are my only two, and I've not had them long anyway, maybe a year or so.

8. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

She didn't want the water on her frames , I wasn't quick enough in saying how the **** do you stop the rain then!!

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

**** em all

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

these days happen, in fact they happen to me most days, cant remember the last day when i had a really good day without a single hiccup.

Advertisement