Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Changing Dates With Customers?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

buzzing

I have a customer who expects me around on Tuesday, but I have been under pressure from my other job (an afternoon TEFL) teacher from my boss who is telling me to improve or my job will be on the line. This has made me want to get more window cleaning clients in case I lose my job teaching English to foreigners (TEFL), but worries me cos in the morning I planned to do my window cleaning, but it seems I will need to go in earlier than I have. Well on Tuesday anyway. Do customers mind if you change your weekday to a weekend? Or ask if can come very early on that week day?

On another note, it does look like window cleaning could save me, it doesn't take long to learn and it's regular work unlike the trades where the work comes and goes. People seem very pleased with what you do and it's flexible. I am also very tall and want to do traditional on only bungalows- don't want to invest in waterfed yet or use ladders too much. I am just tall enough to reach the high parts of the window frames on bungalows. If it's cash in hand as well you could claim the dole until you built up enough customers as well ( but I would never do that of course).

You'll just need to educate your customers in future that you cant just set a date. Due to the nurture of the u.k weather and with circumstances out with your control you can't set a date. Reasonable customers will understand this.

Agree never set a date your buggered if you do that with all your customers mate

Buzzing- depending on your annual income you may be able to claim some help from benefits..

As for the days dates. My work is set in weeks.. They know I'll be round that week sometime.. Can't have set days with our weather.

How early is early? I used to start at 7am and the old people had all been up for an hour or more already, I think it's us young'uns that consider it to be early!

what i do is on my invoices i give every single customer i have, YOUR NEXT CLEAN IS DUE ON OR AROUND _______ then i put a date for when im due around. my customers all have set days and times. im really anal about stuff like this. but if i rained monday id be doing mondays work on tuesday and trying to get it all done in that week ready for a fresh week after and no work being behind. a few days give or take wont kill them but you do get some fussy customers who complain if ur half a day late.

Back