De setting

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Aqua, Apr 1, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Aqua

Aqua Member

So I switched back to my microbore hose as I find it so much nicer to use when though I just can't get the same pressure through it to the jets. I've tried putting the de setting on my spring controller up to 70 to try and improve this but still not great. But what I've noticed is when I switch the tap on the pole hose off the pressure switch stops the pump before the de does. Does this mean I've got it set too high or is it ok to use like this?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Best to prime the pump again and recalabrate the controller then see it it works any better

3. Aqua

Aqua Member

Did that mate put pressure and flow up to Max to get all air out. Should the pressure switch not come on before the de then?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

What pump are you using and what spring controller are you on about?
    Do you have the pump pressure switched connected too?

5. Aqua

Aqua Member

Is a shurflo pump and a digi controller. The pressure switch is connected.
    If I calibrate the controller it usually comes up with a setting of about 48 but I like to set it higher for better rinsing but I just noticed if I go above about 65 the controller will flash ps and not de when I close the pole tap. Just wondered if that is normal when you increase it? Or is my pump faulty.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#6 Smurf, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Have you a spare pump to try to see if that one works ok?

7. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

Aqua Are you getting the DE calibration mixed up with the flow control? I have the Analogue control. so I just have the 2 seperate dials in front of me. To calibrate mine, I have to turn both dials on full, let the water flow, then turn the DE dial down until the flow stops. Then turn up slowly again until the flow starts again, and that is then calibrated. After this I can turn the flow dial up to full or right down to a trickle and the DE will stay the same.
    With the digital are you sure you are not just altering the flow and not the DE.?
    Also, if there is any air in the system the DE might not work right and the pressure builds to 100psi and PS kicks in.

Keep the pressure switch connected as it is a backup if the controller fails :thumbsup:

Have a look at this, spring on Youtube, see if there is any help there.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

This vid may help on the cause of showing PS on the display.

9. Aqua

Aqua Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes that's the controller I have the digital one. I've watched the vids and it's OK I was calibrating the de correctly. Unfortunately I've not got a spare pump but is only 6 months old so should be ok. I just don't know what else I can do to get any air out that could be trapped anywhere still. Should I try disconnecting the pressure switch just out of interest?
    If I set the de under 65 its fine. If I turn tap off the pump keeps running until it stops and controller displays de. But if I up it to 70 and turn tap off the pump runs then stops and displays ps instead. I wonder if something about my set up is causing air to get trapped somewhere.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Did you have a look at the vid I posted for the reasons why PS comes up on the display?

Advertisement