Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Small Windows, Should I Order A Small Squeegee And Applicator?

buzzing

When cleaning these types of windows, should i use the smallest applicator and squeegee I can get? Or cloths, what is the technique?

Also, I was watching a video on youtube and it recommended pivoting squeegees, are these better?

For cleaning liquid I use Unger's Gel, is this what I should regularly buy? Or just use washing up liquid?

Should I just put hot or cold water in the bucket then apply the unger's or whatever cleaning liquid I use to the applicator? It just seems that when I clean windows with the applicator it doesn't get all suddy it seems quite clear, is it ok like this?

View attachment 500

I wouldn't, I'd just damp scrim them, squeegee will do a better job but would take me forever if you have to detail them all

if it is a regualar job treat yourself to a new blade and cut it to the right size you will get 2-3 sizes out of this for £4.00

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4601b71366
Yeah Im with mark, will also come in handy for other jobs too. Those windows are a nightmare, the dont look to bad though. Do you get a lot of paint chippings off them or get a white residue on the windows when you first start to clean them?

With your applicator you already got(any size) you can just use the end of the applicator and wet the windows and what I do is use a small squeegee to squeegee it off!

As above with a small blade, I just soak a microfibre scrub the window with it and squeegeee it off, I do loads like that.

It would depend how I feel.. Sometimes I would use the end of my app, then get a smaller squeegee, then scrim edges.. But if it's a regular job, the windows won't be really bad, so I may just wipe with my damp cloth then scrim them all..

Also forget unger gel.. I recommend you try ecover (tescos) I wish I'd have known about ecover when I started..

It would depend how I feel.. Sometimes I would use the end of my app, then get a smaller squeegee, then scrim edges.. But if it's a regular job, the windows won't be really bad, so I may just wipe with my damp cloth then scrim them all..

Also forget unger gel.. I recommend you try ecover (tescos) I wish I'd have known about ecover when I started..

ecover, is that washing up liquid? Do you just put it in the bucket or just on applicator? Does it matter if you use hot or cold water?

In the bucket mate, it's a washing up liquid from Tesco it's leaves no residue on the glass great stuff

Don't cut throught rubber and metal, take rubber out, then cut metal to size then use a Stanley blade and push down on it to cut the rubber leaving a 1/4 inch each side from the metal..

You can by seperate handles for each blade, but I have my 12 or 14 in my bucket and always keep a 6 inch in bottom of my pouch under scrims.. And if needed just swap blades... Or sometimes I will just bring one with a handle if I know it's going to be used alot..

4 or 6 inch would be good for them windows

Don't cut throught rubber and metal, take rubber out, then cut metal to size then use a Stanley blade and push down on it to cut the rubber leaving a 1/4 inch each side from the metal..

You can by seperate handles for each blade, but I have my 12 or 14 in my bucket and always keep a 6 inch in bottom of my pouch under scrims.. And if needed just swap blades... Or sometimes I will just bring one with a handle if I know it's going to be used alot..

4 or 6 inch would be good for them windows
If I buy the blades from ebay (as advertised) what handles should I buy? And should I get hard or soft blades? How do you cut the metal bit, with a hack saw?

What squeegees have you got so far? Have you any local supply shops? eBay will rape you for postage.. Most websites offer free postage over 50 or so

I like the unger egro tec handles, and I always use uner soft rubbers.

Yea I just used a hack saw and filed the edges.

For cleaning small windows use small size squeegee and t bars which are available in market in various sizes.

You can order online is well.

Oh I got a load of these types of window on my Monday road, over past few runs I cut from 45 mins to 20 by srim from the middle out leaving about 10 mill from edge. Dry with micro fiber. No marks from paint no worrys of streaks. When you get the hang of it you can use each hand with ether cloth!! GF

Its better to order small squeegee for cleaning small windows,coz sometimes its difficult to clean window with large squeegee and t bars.

Latest Posts

Back