Debt collection letters do work

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by adamangler, Oct 13, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Ive had my fair share of messers and non payers this year, most of them i had given up on as it wasnt worth the hassle.

But i decided to send a letter to everyone who hasnt paid me on my records, so last week i sent 10 letter out, only for small amounts 10/12/15 quid etc basically threatening small claims court.

Well up until now ive had 5 pay, 2 by cheque and 3 online.

Im waiting to see what the rest will do, i gave them 14 days.

sometimes people need a kick up the ****, and you dont actually have to go through with the small claims but for the sake of a stamp its worth giving a go.

I have only 1 that i will defo send to small claims, she owes me 3 cleans and gave me the run around for weeks, shes getting it no matter what lol.

debt snip.PNG

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

They do work, and you need to notify them prior to small claims court but good for you mate, it's your money, you earned it so go get it! :)

3. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I am yet to not get my money owed.

I put 3 reminders through along with texts and knocks, but if none of works I always put one through with FINAL REMINDER on it, for some reason that works lol

4. TolishAPurd

"If you have'nt cancelled our services already, this letter is confirmation of your removal from our round".

^This is pure class mate, love it.:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. adamangler

I havent got the patience to keep going round knocking Diwrnach, i send reminders via text/email/fb. I usually knock if im passing but theres no way im going out to the other side of town on an evening just on the off chance, id rather get rid, mind you i have very few i collect from anyway.

6. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I only knock in passing or when working close I never go out of my way.

7. adamangler

im same, when i started i would drive through rush hour traffic to other side of town to get no answer...i can only imagine how much a ballache this must be for windys who collect. The thought of collecting after ive been out all day cleaning makes me feel ill. **** that

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Never collected 90% of mine are BACS

9. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Love it great letter, especially the ending, letter has been screen grabbed by me to use as and when required. Got a couple at the moment very late and one owing 2 cleans, really pisses me off. Both were good payers until recent too.

10. adamangler

So far out of the 10 letters i sent, 6 have paid, and one has promised to pay end of this week, im not going to bother going ahead with small claims on the others as they are £6, £8 and £12, im happy with 6-7 out of the 10 as i thought they were all lost debts.

I will just add the others to my revenge list

Advertisement