Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

White dots on glass

WCF

Help Support WCF:

THL4KEL

Hi guys wonder if you could advise me, Im new to wfp. I made DI water via the vessel, the reading is now 0 once I produce the water. Im using the water to clean my windows but its leaving white dots. I have been giving the windows a thorough spray after I have scrubbed the frames and window with the pure water. So not sure why I have white dots.

Hi guys wonder if you could advise me, Im new to wfp. I made DI water via the vessel, the reading is now 0 once I produce the water. Im using the water to clean my windows but its leaving white dots. I have been giving the windows a thorough spray after I have scrubbed the frames and window with the pure water. So not sure why I have white dots.
Rinse, rinse and rinse again. You can get them clean first time!

Shouldn't get any at all even after the first clean.

I've picked up a dozen or so new customers in the last month and not had any dry with spots. Just need to make sure you scrub the frames properly and rinse thoroughly. If your glass is running with a milky white consistency or you have runs coming out of the seals it means the rubber is failing/has failed.

Even if they're knackered, once you've flushed the framework enough they should mostly dry without any dirty runs or spots. Sometimes if they're gone way past their sell by date then WFP just simply doesn't work in its naked state and you'll have to manually dry the top of the glass with a cloth to prevent the dirt running.

Newer windows should be 100% first time with a proper clean up. This "three times to bed in" theory is a load of rubbish imo.

I believe the 'two or three cleans to get it right' came about because we naturally don't want to take longer on the first clean with Wfp than we did trad. But when you do you can get it right first time as described above. I started off ten years ago telling people to expect them to take the proverbial two or three cleans to come completely clean because that was the recommended thing or so it seemed. But most of my customers were saying, "Don't know what you're on about. They were great first time." So I stopped saying it. Now I tell them to contact me if they're not satisfied and I will come back and redo them.

I believe the 'two or three cleans to get it right' came about because we naturally don't want to take longer on the first clean with Wfp than we did trad. But when you do you can get it right first time as described above. I started off ten years ago telling people to expect them to take the proverbial two or three cleans to come completely clean because that was the recommended thing or so it seemed. But most of my customers were saying, "Don't know what you're on about. They were great first time." So I stopped saying it. Now I tell them to contact me if they're not satisfied and I will come back and redo them.
9/10 times I'd charge more on a first clean anyway. Especially if they're dirty.

I'd rather charge an extra £5 and walk away knowing they're perfect than rush it and possibly leave them unsatisfactory.

Back