debt recovery for windys? Any experiance

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by matt18, Jul 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. matt18

matt18 Member

Hi people, just wondering if any of you have had any experience with any debt recovery company's with customers not paying.

I made a post a few weeks ago about dishonest customers,
    This time I have been out right knocked by a customer, we agreed a price over the phone which was £13 then when I went to collect I was offered a handful of shrapnel amounting to £5, which I refused to take, this price was on monthly basis.
    so if it was one off I would call it £26.

The old fella out right said im not paying you and if you don't like it sue me.
    so im thinking of taking him up on his offer.

I know £26 is not much but its more of a principle Thing.
    Also am I with in my right to go and soap his wimdow's up and tell him ill clean them when I receive payment.

Thanks people.

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Forget about it, you've been mugged. Better to just get even IMO. So many possibilities so long as their is no cctv on the street. My aim would be to do something that will cost him well above and beyond how much he ripped me off by. Paint, oil, paint stripper, super glue, a stanley knife, dog poop, weed killer, a piece of china... are all things you can use for revenge.

3. matt18

matt18 Member

I like your style, is it ok to soap the windows up as im the victim and am out of pocked or would the feds take his side in the event.

4. TolishAPurd

You've already cleaned his windows, so any action after that point would be seen as an unwanted one, and the law will be on his side. Clandestine operations may be the way to go. Or just forget it and move on with your life. I'm not the forgetting sort though. :D

5. CMRwindowcleaning

CMRwindowcleaning Active Member

I would let it go. Pride may take a hit and it would be lovely to get revenge but in the long run it might damage your business even though I'd love to smack him right in his face.

6. Ant

Ant Well-Known Member

Not worth it mate, move on! I know how it feels, no one likes being mugged off! Initially you're desperately wanting revenge but in time it will fade.

7. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

mate the effort u put into it isnt worth it move one and learn from it

8. Alien Human

I have had similar and it's just not worth it mate. We only learn from experience so just think about what you can do to prevent it from happening again.

Sounds like this chap is currently living in your head rent free - get him out of there otherwise he's gonna start effecting your other work, sanity and overall happiness.

I am sorry to hear about it mate, the guys a plonker......but if you get caught doing something is a £21 loss really worth it?

9. TolishAPurd

Boooo, you lot are no fun.:thumbsdown:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Calvin

Calvin Member

Yeah. I'm with TolishAPurd. F.u.c.k him up!! Can't let people take the piss or think they've got one over on you. Loads of options with the glue, paint stripper etc but I'd want him to know it was me so def target the windows. Eggs all over the windows and his car would be quite nice...especially as they'll bake on in this fine weather :)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
Advertisement