Definitive Ladder Size

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by stonesthrow, Sep 5, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. stonesthrow

stonesthrow Guest

Hi, I'm just getting all my equipment set up and I've seen a lot of contradiction on various websites about the size of ladder I need. I'm just going to be doing domestic 2 story houses for the time being. Some people have said anything over 4m is overkill, and others have said I need at least 6m!

I'm going to be walking my round so I don't wanna be carrying any unnecessary weight. So what size ladder do you recommend?

Cheers.

Advertisement
  2. mr shine

mr shine Guru

im using a 4m ladder which extends to 7.45m or 24 ft its no problem for 2 storey work and also the odd gutter clearance job which when starting out the extra money is handy. 6m would be for 3 storey so no need if your only doing 2 storey also personally i dont do 3 storey unless i have someone footing the ladder ,about 70 % of my work is wfp so ive no need for 3 storey ladder work. down the road when you can afford consider a back pack for windows which are not accessible by ladder also great for 3 storey youll pick up a backpack for around a 100 quid good luck anyway

3. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i forgot to mention consider a ladder safety device for you own safety ,have a look on ebay their cheap enough

4. stonesthrow

stonesthrow Guest

Thanks for the reply mate. Any other opinions? Was hoping to get a general consensus.

5. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

If your just going to do normal houses trad id say get some double 10 rung
    More than enough you dont want to overkill it .

6. stonesthrow

stonesthrow Guest

So a 6m (extended) Youngman would be good?

7. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Yes mate I think those will be fine to be honest .

8. stonesthrow

stonesthrow Guest

Thanks for the help!

9. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

I use a 4.7m ladder and have no problem. Mind i am 6ft+ in height lol

Advertisement