Delivery Charge Disgrace

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Poles Apart, May 29, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Poles Apart

Got a broken door mirror glass on the Ciroen it's £8.60 on the internet and £5 Post Office 48 hour delivery charge fuming.

Advertisement
  2. Dan Paton

Dan Paton Member

Yeah I feel your pain. I've been looking for a connector for an aquatec pump . Around £2 for the part and around £6 for delivery. Absolute rip off for something that weighs practically nothing.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

3. Markyboy 50

It's still gotta be delivered tho. The carrier still needs to make a profit. £5 or £6 is a bargain to have an item delivered from one place to another. I guess u can collect it yourself if you don't wanna pay it. Just saying :eek:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. TolishAPurd

I hope you don't this bring you down polesapart.

5. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

do you have a picture of the connector dan paton?

6. Dan Paton

Dan Paton Member

Markyboy I understand a profit has to be made but it could be put in a Jiffy bag and delivered via Royal Mail for less than £2.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

7. Markyboy 50

Ask them to do that then mate

8. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

That is why UK firms cannot compete with cheap goods from China offering very low postage. Price just for a TDS is £3.35 compared to two years ago it was £1.30.

From China it only costs them around £0.60 and we have to subsidise it as the UN still class it as a developing country.

What you will find with the mirror there is a square box in the Post Office and if it does not fit in there then will be a fiver no matter what the weight is.

9. TolishAPurd

We all run businesses so we should understand how it works more than anyone. I can add 50quid to a bill depending on how I feel that particular day. That business has probably taken the decision to have a minimum charge as they don't want to spend all day paying packers to put 1 grommet in to a jiffy bag, add a shipping label, and dispatch it out just for a few pence profit. Minimum charges like that also encourage people to group up their purchases and buy more each time. It's just business, and I would do exactly the same if I ran a mail order company.

10. Markyboy 50

Couldn't agree more mate. A fiver is a bargain in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
Advertisement