Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rectus 21 Alternatives ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jack b

I have been using the Rectus 21 to join the pole hose to the reel hose for several years. I have been assured that they are the genuine ones BUT they keep pulling apart when I give the cable the occasional yank around corners etc. Does anyone use an alternative to these fittings, that don't come apart so easily ?

Thanks guys.

Allot of the Rectus 21 for sale have "rectus type" these are not original rectus 21. Have you tried putting a small ball near the connector to protect it.
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Hi best, yes I have used two Protekta balls, one either side of the fittings and also encased the complete joint in a black plastic shroud, the name of which I cannot recall at the mo but its purpose made for wfp. I am aware of the Rectus Type comment, learned that the hard was after buying several of them sadly. Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated.

I use an 8mm jg pushfitting with 8mm pole hose pushed in 1 end and 6mm barb-8mm hosetail on the end of the reel hose pushed into the other end

Never fails and only a few pence

Have a look on Gardiners

I use an 8mm jg pushfitting with 8mm pole hose pushed in 1 end and 6mm barb-8mm hosetail on the end of the reel hose pushed into the other endNever fails and only a few pence

Have a look on Gardiners
Daveboy...just had a look at the Gardiners page for JG fittings, very interesting and much cheaper than the Rectus fittings I have been using....as you said. So the pole hose into one side of the jg fitting and an 8mm hosetail with a barbed other end to which is fitted the reel hose into the other side of the jg fitting. The reel hose being kept on the barbed section by a single or double eared stainless ring ? Wow, that is so simple. Nice one and thanks Daveboy.

It's not a fault of the fitting it's the female connection catching on a raised bit of whatever and pushing the sleeve back releasing the male.

Happens because when your dragging the hose your pulling the female connection along forward which is the perfect direction for it to catch on a snag and push the sleeve back.

Most water hose runs from a female outlet on the pump so you have the water running along the hose from the male to the female, if you could reverse this it would solve the problem but not sure if it's possible to reverse the couplings and run water through.

It's not a fault of the fitting it's the female connection catching on a raised bit of whatever and pushing the sleeve back releasing the male.Happens because when your dragging the hose your pulling the female connection along forward which is the perfect direction for it to catch on a snag and push the sleeve back.

Most water hose runs from a female outlet on the pump so you have the water running along the hose from the male to the female, if you could reverse this it would solve the problem but not sure if it's possible to reverse the couplings and run water through.
Yes you can but them you don't have a waterstop on your hose when disconnected which some people don't like

Although you don't have one with a jg fitting either but i leave the pole hose connected unless i need to take the pole in the house to clean it etc

Barbed reducer with o clips , no bother again of it coming apart, if you want to clean your pole then disconnect it from the brush

I like to be able to disconnect the pole hose

I use jg fittings on every connection possible so then everything is universal and interchangeable if something splits etc

Univalve has a few inches of hose and then a jg etc so all easy to swap

I like to be able to disconnect the pole hoseI use jg fittings on every connection possible so then everything is universal and interchangeable if something splits etc

Univalve has a few inches of hose and then a jg etc so all easy to swap
Same as davey. Connect mine up at the base of the pole. Tubeless. Simples. I must have spent a small fortune on Rectus 21 fittings.

However, if 'water-stop' is a feature you want then use the tubeless kit from exceed as recommended in a previous post. Tis a good bit of kit.

Back