Delivery Cost Rip Offs!!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Poles Apart, Jul 24, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Poles Apart

I have spent a lot of money with Gardiners over the past couple of years but I'm not happy with their charges for delivery, I don't need anything at the moment but I did need a base cap for a pole it's about £2 and they want £3.30 to deliver it, it weighs nothing and fits through a letter box they only used to charge you for the price of a stamp what gives?

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Same with cleaning spot
    5 quid delivery and i only ordered rubbers last time i used them

3. TolishAPurd

Meh, its business. Tiny orders to a shop are the same as a tiny house in the middle of nowhere for us. It still takes time to pick and pack, padded envelope, taapes and all that. Just get organised and do bigger orders, there is always something else you need, even if you have to look forward a year and pre empt something breaking/running out.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Wintecs manage to do free delivery

5. Poles Apart

Forgive me but that's a ridiculous reply, you can not think of everything? 12 months ago I wouldn't have envisaged that I would be taking a clx 27 apart and reducing it to a clx 18 I'm not going to order base caps for all pole sections am I? The delivery charge is to fund 'free delivery for all orders over £45'. There is no such thing as free delivery on baulk orders ask the couriers would they work for nothing?

6. TolishAPurd

I wasnt specifically talking about your situation, its happened to all of us at some time. I could say its ridiculous moaning about a respectable company on an open forum about having to pay £3.30. But what I was talking about planning was, why not buy a brush head or something since these wear out don't they? Stick it in a cupboard for a year if you have to, but then you have got a better deal and saved yourself on delivery next time.

7. mr shine

mr shine Guru

dont worry to much about these charges as anything you spend in relation to your business as it will all come off your tax bill, so get on to gardiners site and treat yourself to a couple of extreme poles and let the revenue sort it out ;)

8. Alien Human

Gardiners should have supplied all of the relevant base caps even if you bought a larger pole from the outset. Excellent poles but couple of small niggles which seem to pop up with Gardiners.

But......take it out on them bruv.

9. Posh

Posh Hero

Haven't seen Alex on here for a while.

10. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Advertisement