Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water storage when out & about

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Morning all,

I'm after people's ideas/feedback on how you keep your hot water warm when out & about working.

I don't like asking customers for hot water and have been using the old style military cans up to now, but the water tends to turn orange over night and it takes time every morning rinsing them out and filling them up ready for the next day!

We carry out a lot of gutter cleaning and washing down plastic surfaces, so always try and carry hot water in the van with us.

The jerry cans also seem to break up on the outside after a couple of months use.

Any suggestions?

I would suggest a cheap water boiler but it sounds like you don't have a van mount? When my boiler is out of fuel I carry mine in 25ltr plastic drums - the water doesn't go 'off' and seems to stay warm for a good 4- 5 hours. I have a load of blue & black drums so I don't know if that helps keep the heat in or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If this is a long term thing, and you don't want to fit a gas heater - even just to feed the customer's outside tap through then.

Build a lidded box from plywood and polystyrene insulation sheets or kingspan boards. One big enough to put in the number of 25l drums you want to carry. That will be like a giant coolbox.

we use wilko cool boxes,infact bought one off a car boot sale last year for YES 45p.IT WORKS

Back