Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin Problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JDMW

bought a new bag of tulsion resin a few weeks ago and my ro unit has 2 di`s on it. but after 3 weeks work and only 1000L passed through it there both showing up 023ppm. so i went to the shed and got my resin and refilled the di`s. just checked and its coming out at 014ppm. WTF. its spose to be 000 so why is new resin coming out at 014ppm. HELP PLEASE.. everythings been done right.

water could be too fast, or resin is knackered

i got half a bag of resin off a supplier that was meant to be knackered, was only going to be use for a few days, lasted 2 months, best stuff i ever had

mines the best stuff, tho. i just filled my 500ml di up and its coming out at 000 now, but the same resin from same bag into my 1L di came out like it wasnt there for some reason. dont make sense /emoticons/sad.png

it is mate, i washed it all out, just doesnt make sense. the sun wont do nothing to resin will it. or heat?? its in my shed in a bag with a stone on the top. would the sun strip its resin abilities?

hand held mate, i got a 11L di in the van which i put rainwater through and thats spot on 000.ithink its gotta be sunlight or heat that did something to it. does the resin change colour when its cream crackered

only if it was damp, but if its working on 500 ml and not 1 l then the prob must be the vessel, or let it run throught the 1 l vessel for a few minutes and see what happens,

is all the resin in the 1l from the same bag ie was empty before you filled it up

you have 3 resin vessels, and all have same resin in, and 2 are giving 000, then the prob has to be with the vessel

the resin wasnt damp no /emoticons/sad.png

its weird how it changes colour tho from dark orange to almost brown. all from the same bag and the resin was emptied out then washed with ro water and filled up. the 1L was first then the 500ml second.

It sounds as if the volume of resin - 10" cannister is too small for the high ppm going in. What is your ppm after the membrane!!

i filled the 1L up and it came out high but the 500ml one was instantly on 000. the di in the van is always 000 as soon at water hits it. just the 1L that wouldnt work. i found if i ran the 1L after the 500ml my 500ml would go into the 1L at 000 and come out 010-024. dunno why it did that. my resin soon ran out aswell. 2 weeks and its dead where normally my resin in just my 500ml would last 5 weeks.

It sounds as if the volume of resin - 10" cannister is too small for the high ppm going in. What is your ppm after the membrane!!
it varies really mate, at the min its 015 with booster pump on but if i turn it off it jumps to 024.

try this, empty the 1 l vessel and fill with the resin out of the 500ml , so that it is half full and see what it reads if its 000 is the resin, if its 015 its the vessel

Back