Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I Don't Understand Customers

All Round Cleaning

Ok I signed a new custy up the other day brand spanking new house 4bed detached

Big house 2brand spanking new cars on the drive agreed a price of £13 every 4 weeks .

Calls me yesterday to say sorry my hubby says your too expensive so we need to cancel

Well screw you woman 13 windows including front and rear doors .

Glass frames and sills yeah ok happy hunting for the 4 quid brigade luv see ya .

What's up luv is the cars and the mortgage killing ya and now you can't afford to look after your investment ??? . I just don't get people these days .

i know just cant please some people, again its these cowboys that go round and mess about thats killing it for the people that do proper jobs and everything!

Lol!

You would think cause they have the big house and cars you could get away with charging what you want, most of the time thats all on loan and they cant afford anything after the pay there bills lol

Lol!

You would think cause they have the big house and cars you could get away with charging what you want, most of the time thats all on loan and they cant afford anything after the pay there bills lol
thats ture, some cases its just for show too!

I had a few custoers say to me their cleaners dissapear ! Lol... i explain to them they do it for a bit of beer money etc

Just laugh mate and go on next door!!

Had some crazy people in my time.. One answered said £7 is too much can u not do it for a fiver? No I cant, either side of u are paying £7 and that's what it is.. But I have no job I can't afford £7... Yet she had a cig in her gob... So 1 days smoking would pay her

Monthly window clean... I got the £7 in the end lol

I've found it's the ones with the bigger nicer houses that always try it on with the price. I've seen people on here diss council estates etc but I'll take em every time do em quick, price em fair and they pay everytime.

I've found it's the ones with the bigger nicer houses that always try it on with the price. I've seen people on here diss council estates etc but I'll take em every time do em quick, price em fair and they pay everytime.
Same here mate you find the older council estates you pick up more reliable customers .

Thats how the rich are rich, lol.

i dont let things like this get to me, its just the way people are . you've gotta laf it off or you'l go mad i reckon. It is true tho , just because people have nice cars and house doesnt mean anything.. A guy that works with my missus declared himself bankrupt a year or so ago.. he rents a massive new house and has a nice car and better clothes than iv ever worn, i think its disgusting but thats the world we're in. Finance these days means you never know who has money... let them rack up some dept while you move on to the next customer i say, and if they want some yobo to look through their windows for 3 quid let them carry on haha

Council estates are my fave knocks but they have to be managed properly by the cleaner, Also I find all you cleaners fight over the detached houses with driveways so the price starts getting less worth while to the point of not even worth doing in some cases. Great example was 3 weeks ago I was on a patch all the houses I came in at £30+ some nutter doing them for £12.50.

On the same note last week on a council estate a guy was doing whole houses 2 weekly for £4 I came in at £12 once a month and pretty much took his whole round because I bona fide it properly.

I actually think the key to this game is Frequency and like ability price is just an after thought.

On the same note last week on a council estate a guy was doing whole houses 2 weekly for £4 I came in at £12 once a month and pretty much took his whole round because I bona fide it properly.
Must be big council houses!! Strange how people would cancel their window cleaner to pay an extra £8 with someone else.. While living in a council house.. If someone tried that on my council houses they would have no chance getting any lol

Council estates are my fave knocks but they have to be managed properly by the cleaner, Also I find all you cleaners fight over the detached houses with driveways so the price starts getting less worth while to the point of not even worth doing in some cases. Great example was 3 weeks ago I was on a patch all the houses I came in at £30+ some nutter doing them for £12.50.

I actually think the key to this game is Frequency and like ability price is just an after thought.
I disagree here, Price plays a key role, Yes people like a good reliable cleaner etc. They will even pay extra for this but a 8 pound jump in price for a council house? You sure she/he was all there?

Price isnt the main thing at all, and I do get kicked out of houses sometimes with how much being yelled at me but I just hold my guns and if there not willing to pay that I go next door. Its really not unusual for me to get 10 or more customers in a street

Back