Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do i need to stop the water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You could put it anywhere you like? it is a water shut off valve, doesn't matter where in the system it is placed, it will shut the water off, pre or post RO.

Hi ShazzyWe used a 300mm length of 20mm (I think) conduit secured through the top of the tank with a cable gland. So it become a pivot similar to the illustration. Using another cable gland will make the 'bend' at the bottom of the conduit length less 'sharp'.

These bits are available from B&Q electrical section.

They look like these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-20-mm-Black-Waterproof-IP68-Compression-TRS-Cable-Stuffing-Gland-Locknut-M20-/261178006448?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item3ccf6c1bb0

The cable tightener sits above the tank held in place by the 2 nuts. The conduit pushes in the other end. The cable needs to protrude enough (about 100 - 150mm) to allow the float to become vertical in the water without fouling on the top of the tank.

We have also drilled and fitted an overflow on the side of the tank at the top and have a hose running outside to the drain just incase the solenoid valve doesn't shut properly due to a bit of grit in the water. (The solenoid valve is before the prefilters.) So far this hasn't been needed.

This has worked without a hiccup for the past 6 years. I'm expecting to have to replace the float switch as the cable at that pivot point won't last forever, but so far so good.

The great thing about it is that it is automatic. One of the lads takes water, it switches on and then switches off when the tank is full and most of the time I don't know about it as the tank is full when I get home.
@spruce have you got any photos of your set up please...would love to see it in action.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back