Di In Van Or At Home?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by TobySampson, Feb 22, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TobySampson

TobySampson Well-Known Member

I've tried searching for the answer but cant seem to find the answer...

Is it best to put pure water into your tank in the van or put water from your ro in the van and have a di in the van?

Advertisement
  2. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Id say it doesn`t really matter, more weight in van if you carry one..

If you have one in van and need extra water you can add to your tank while your out....

If you dont have one you`ve only got the water you set off with that morning..

I personally dont have any filtration in the van but i carry 900 litres so I`m never in need of refilling..

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I have di in van.. If you fill with pure and have to drain it would be a waste.. But if your filled straight from tank you won't waste anything

4. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

I don't have a van system, but have thought about it. Some of the considerations that I have been thinking about are:

In Van - Pros

- Easier - just add water to van from any source - home or customers house if you run out and they have an outside hose.
    - Less Storage At Home - No need to store equipment or even bulk water at home.

In Van - Cons

- You need to give more room in your van to the filters and DI tank
    - If your van crashes - all your water producing kit is potentially wrecked with it.
    - If your van is off the road for even a service, then all your water producing gear is with it.

Though, I am not ready to go that way as yet. I am currently leaning to the "In Van" method as I think the pros outweight the cons. The biggest cons being the 'off road' issues. But when off road, all the rest of your kit will be of road with it, including your water tank. So better to plan better and make sure that you have sufficient insurance cover for all the permanent gear in the van.

But remember - I don't do it, so my opinions are not as important as others who have actually hands on, Van system, experience.

Paul

5. TobySampson

Do you use just di then?

6. TobySampson

My van couldn't carry 900ltrs so I'm thinking it'd be good to have it in the van.

7. TobySampson

If you have a di in the van where do you put it? Before pump? After pump/before pole?

8. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Yes Toby I'm di only as my tap water is 040 ish.

Tank - pump - di - hose reel - pole

9. TobySampson

thats brilliant thank you..

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

My di leaks, so I make my pure and take it with me, only use barrels atm, but that's the route I'll be taking.

Advertisement