DI question

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by brianbadonde, Dec 20, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. brianbadonde

brianbadonde Member

#1 brianbadonde, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    Hi guys. I recently bought a RO/DI system. The DI vessel came pre-packed with resin. On the first day it was kicking the water out at 000 ppm. Ive only used it a few days and already the TDS is 003 ppm. The vessel has a 700mls refillable cartridge. Is the fact the TDS is creeping up due to the fact the resin is inferior? Or do I need to connect the DI vessel to a second DI vessel? As I have read about people doing this. I would ideally like to get the TDS down to 000 ppm every time. Also, what is the maximum TDS you guys find acceptable to use? As many peoples opinions as possible would be great. Cheers :)

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Seems odd it's crept up already. Could be dodgy resin. Tulsion is what most people use and the best price is here http://www.windowcleaningequipment.co.uk/Tulsion_Ion_Exchange_Resin

You shouldn't need a 2nd di vessel after a few days. I use twin 11L di only and it only starts creeping up after around 5 weeks. My water is very soft. Sorry, but I know naff all about ro systems, as I have never needed one.

3. brianbadonde

brianbadonde Member

Cheers for the reply tuffers. Yes, I did think it shouldnt creep up after such a short time. The resin came already packed in the DI vessel so maybe that the reason. The RO sysyem is certainly doing its job, taking the TDS from 280 down to 12 ppm. Tuffers, what TDS would you accept as the cut-off point for taking out for window cleaning, is 3 acceptable in your eyes?

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I changed mine this week. It started the week on 002 and within 2 days it had gone up to 007, so yes 003 is OK to use. You have got the flow going through the di in the right direction haven't you?

5. brianbadonde

brianbadonde Member

I have mate yes, just went and checked. From my research it would seem that a 0.7 litre DI cartridge is very small so I suppose with such a small amount of resin it is not going to last long. Think I will look in to getting a larger DI so im not constantly farting about with resin! Thanks Tuffers :)

6. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

had RO now 12 weeks changed resin after 5 weeks , what i was told to do was take the top off the di vessel give it gd stir
    this drops your reading down to 000
    funny enough when i changed the resin the reading was creeping up quick.
    so i have been giving it stir every day prior to using it been doing it 6 weeks my readings is only showing 1

7. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

hi tuffers when i changed my resin could,int get that much in the vessel

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Eh?

9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

the di vessel dosint hold that much resin tuffers

10. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

how long do you get out your resin before you have to change it tuffers