Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vat

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I only became VAT registered because a client would only do business with me if I was. It's not actually that much work to be honest as long as you keep up to date with everything.

I think I paid £50 for Companies Warehouse (not Companies House) to do this for me.

Having said how easy it is to do, I wouldn't actually recommend becoming VAT registered voluntarily. Only do it if you reach the threshold.

I only became VAT registered because a client would only do business with me if I was. It's not actually that much work to be honest as long as you keep up to date with everything.

I think I paid £50 for Companies Warehouse (not Companies House) to do this for me.

Having said how easy it is to do, I wouldn't actually recommend becoming VAT registered voluntarily. Only do it if you reach the threshold.
yer not to bad for a company, but as a window cleaner becoming VAT reg, you will have to tell all your customers and charge them an extra 20% ontop of what they pay already! those £10 jobs become £12 etc! see how many you might loose because of this!

yer not to bad for a company, but as a window cleaner becoming VAT reg, you will have to tell all your customers and charge them an extra 20% ontop of what they pay already! those £10 jobs become £12 etc! see how many you might loose because of this!

Thats what i do and they never seem to worry ,only the commercal companys know i am vat reg most of the residental custy are inc vat and they dont know i am vat reg

Thats what i do and they never seem to worry ,only the commercal companys know i am vat reg most of the residental custy are inc vat and they dont know i am vat reg
i've had a few customers ask if the prices was with vat or not, and when i tell them that im not vat reg the say thats good then! i'll stear clear from untill i hit the £77,000 a year! have enough paperwork to do so dont need extra to do and become a taxman! they get enough from me already! let alone give them an extra 20% on top of it! lol

i've had a few customers ask if the prices was with vat or not, and when i tell them that im not vat reg the say thats good then! i'll stear clear from untill i hit the £77,000 a year! have enough paperwork to do so dont need extra to do and become a taxman! they get enough from me already! let alone give them an extra 20% on top of it! lol
I agree but there is nothing i can do about it

Back