Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Mount... So Far

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Was out today playing around with it, added another 2 builders straps on the sides and put 2 1 ton straps round it.

Ill be boxing it all of in about in hour ( well the joiner will be ) lol

Can I ask a stupid question?

Why are you using waterproof paint?

The inside is painted with auto paint which is on the outside of the van also, you don't see it rusting every time it rains lol so y the need for another layer internally??
not a stupid question.

the paint isnt just for waterproofing. its anti-slip, impact resistant too, plus you sit any car/van in water long enough it will soon rust. its just an extra mesure to make sure that you look after the van and not having to get repairs done

not a stupid question.

the paint isnt just for waterproofing. its anti-slip, impact resistant too, plus you sit any car/van in water long enough it will soon rust. its just an extra mesure to make sure that you look after the van and not having to get repairs done
And it looks cool lol

Lol, would pond paint work?? Or is that similar to what you have tried??
The paint I tried was roof paint, I wouldnt try anything else. I would just get the proper stuff at leats you know it will work. I just hope mine comes by tomorrow

All boxed up, like I wanted! I just need to add to hinges on the top so I had a lid thing for putting the water in also I can probably fit my small di in there along with a few other bits and bobs.

The floor paints was a total fail! lol. I should have the proper paint stuff tomorrow providing the courier is on time.

The floor paints was a total fail! lol. I should have the proper paint stuff tomorrow providing the courier is on time.
are you just planing to paint over it?? what paint did u use first??

Nah, Ill strip it back to wood im not sure f it would take. It was a roof paint... not sure what it was called I would have go check
yer striping it back will be the best bet, if that didnt take then no other paint will go over it.

i am sorry to hear the paint did not work mate , the last thing you need to hear is i told you so .if you can get it off great if it is a pig just put 6mm over the top

i am sorry to hear the paint did not work mate , the last thing you need to hear is i told you so .if you can get it off great if it is a pig just put 6mm over the top
Well lesson learned lets hope no one else makes the same mistake ae. Good idea that... I may just do that depends how easy it comes off.

Marc, I strongly advise putting back the ratchet straps as looking at the video how you have secured it does not look at all that safe. Not criticism but thinking about your safety. Also I find the garden hose is prone to air locks so you may experience problems in the long run.

Oops sorry just seen video 6

Marc, I strongly advise putting back the ratchet straps as looking at the video how you have secured it does not look at all that safe. Not criticism but thinking about your safety. Also I find the garden hose is prone to air locks so you may experience problems in the long run.

Oops sorry just seen video 6
Theres no chance that tank will move from there mate, Its pinned down all ways. Ive only got it full half, I dont use a lot of water

Well ive got the rest of the day off. So Im going to go out and play about with some things and try scrape this paint of the floor.

Ill have drive abou and see if I can pick up some bigger gutter pipe things for my poles

Never got the bigger pipes but cut the shelf down and moved it across to the other side. Painted the floor with the protect a kote, Ill need to pick another tin of that up! Its a bit patchy.

How do you get that suff of your hands!! Ive tried white spirit / virosol / fairy, scrubbing till my hands went red. its still on

Latest Posts

Back