Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DI Vessel leak?

bareknuckle4

I have a van system and unfortunately the DI Vessel is leaking from the top, i bought the rubber ring and yet I'm still getting a leak from some wear.

I just wanted to check with you guys the life cycle of a DI Vessel. One is 3 years old and in my other van the other is just over two years old and also has a slight leak.

My question is, has anyone else had to replace the whole bottle? or is it likely loose fittings (i have tightened all fittings)

Thanks

I find my vessel leaks slightly, though not all the time. Usually starts, if its going to, after ive changed the resin. Sometimes, if i take it out and tighten up the lid, that works, but sometimes not, and as im sure you are aware, they are pretty akward to tighten properly!. But im not going to worry too much about it until it starts leaking a lot, then i will start thinking about replacing it!. By the way, mine is coming up for 3 years old, and being di only, the resin in my vessel lasts just over a month, so it has been opened and closed many times!.

i have two and both have leaked from the start, in the end i binned the hose locks, and attached hose with o rings, then ptfe the necks, then sit it in a bucket

ya mine does to i dont actually keep mine in my van when filling it up tho iv got a di up my mums 7-8 miles away got a few houses around there to do and fill up at mine so the leak dont bother me 2 much tbh

but ya i dont like the leak lol

ptfe silcone i will find a link in a bit works a treat you will never get a leak again

Thanks for all the answers :0

Its crazy right? Although mine never used to leak i do think all the driving around over speed bumps and changing resin must not help. Maybe i will have to replace (shocked face)

Is that ptfe the lid you mean
Forget that answer. He won't reply because he has long since gone.

If the header cap is leaking on to the top of the Di vessel then either the faces have damage or you need a new seal.

When changing resin you need to ensure that all the resin beads are out of the threads to make screwing down easier.

A thin smear of Vaseline around each side of the gasket will help the gasket to seal. 

I have screw in hozelok connectors on my Di vessel. They have a hozelok seal inside to stop water leaking. The o rings on the connectors can get damaged causing leaks. The hose on the tap connectors could also be leaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget that answer. He won't reply because he has long since gone.

If the header cap is leaking on to the top of the Di vessel then either the faces have damage or you need a new seal.

When changing resin you need to ensure that all the resin beads are out of the threads to make screwing down easier.

A thin smear of Vaseline around each side of the gasket will help the gasket to seal. 

I have screw in hozelok connectors on my Di vessel. They have a hozelok seal inside to stop water leaking. The o rings on the connectors can get damaged causing leaks. The hose on the tap connectors could also be leaking.
Thanks for coming back to me with an answer spruce was only a small leek from neck but would like to stop it if possible will give that ago

Thanks for coming back to me with an answer spruce was only a small leek from neck but would like to stop it if possible will give that ago
Might need a new o ring or try a bit of Vaseline or silicone grease on it quite often this will stop a small leak 

Might need a new o ring or try a bit of Vaseline or silicone grease on it quite often this will stop a small leak 
I left it overnight and went back to it today turned out it was the black connection coming out the top I've used ptfe  for now seems to have stopped it and cleaned my own window without being asked from her indoors might be my lucky night ?

Back