Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Panel Cleaning!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

Picked up a new customer last week and he admitted he's obsessed with having clean windows and frames, just sacked his previous trad man for not cleaning frames (bully for me)? He told me he wants his solar panels cleaned twice a year and also his soffits and facias but what length pole do you need never done them by the way it's a normal house

Depends on how high/far back they are mate, I use a 35ft slx, but I tend to go up the ladder at roof line and clean them with a lighter smaller pole most of the time...

And yes, you don't need a pathetic certificate to clean them :rolleyes:

Picked up a new customer last week and he admitted he's obsessed with having clean windows and frames, just sacked his previous trad man for not cleaning frames (bully for me)? He told me he wants his solar panels cleaned twice a year and also his soffits and facias but what length pole do you need never done them by the way it's a normal house
Depends on the pitch of the roof, the more vertical the roof is, the shorter the pole you will need. My SLX-35 will reach some, but not others.

Depends if they are easy to get at as not all domestic roof spa's are easy to get at to clean them just using a pole from the ground. Some are impossible to get at too without using the right access equipment.

An ex member on here posted a pic yonks ago and he had to stand in the next doors garden. Well nearly in the blokes back door of his house just so to get to them using a 60 ft pole...**** that for a game of soldiers /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back