Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dicks at yorkshire water

cassaman

HI just letting you know that these loonys at Yorkshire water changed our water pipes outside and they shafted my ro 4040 membrane with the silage that was put down the pipes
no sorry sir we s will be putting rubbish down your water supply ant body else had this issue , we now have reside in the sink bowl that's like olds dirt never had this before thay did pipes :mad:

When Northumbrian water repaired a burst water pipe in our cul de sac, I didn't process water for a couple of days. I would come home and fill the bath with cold water and check for silt. Once there was no silt, I switched my r/o on again.
I always have a full IBC tank of pure, so that will last me a few days. If I think there is trouble ahead, I can stretch that to 4 days. I could also take my di vessel down to my son's place and slowly fill the van from his tap.

One reason I process overnight is if emergency repairs are done it's usually during the day if they are upgrading pipes locally then again process overnight as they will always disturb debris clear housings on pre-filters help you see any issues with an increase in sediment

One reason I process overnight is if emergency repairs are done it's usually during the day if they are upgrading pipes locally then again process overnight as they will always disturb debris clear housings on pre-filters help you see any issues with an increase in sediment
Totally agree. If a pipe bursts, you don't usually get any debris into the pipe. It's only when they turn the water off and repair the pipe that they get debris into the pipeline. I have my system on an auto cutout solenoid and float switch, so the r/o will stop producing when the IBC is full, maybe at 2 or 3 in the morning while I'm pushing ZZZZ's.
I turn my system off even when the water board is flushing the pipelines. There has never been a problem when they do this so far, but I'm not taking any chances.

Our water authored generally are very good they inform us before any scheduled work saying on xx day we will be doing xyz please flush all your taps for a set period of time and make sure the water is running clear , they Evan give us a rebate on the bill for doing it . Had this a few times , I usually put it through two extra pre filters before the ones in the van if in any doubt just to be on the safe side

Totally agree. If a pipe bursts, you don't usually get any debris into the pipe. It's only when they turn the water off and repair the pipe that they get debris into the pipeline. I have my system on an auto cutout solenoid and float switch, so the r/o will stop producing when the IBC is full, maybe at 2 or 3 in the morning while I'm pushing ZZZZ's.
I turn my system off even when the water board is flushing the pipelines. There has never been a problem when they do this so far, but I'm not taking any chances.
Processing for me through the night saves any nosey blighters seeing the hose going from the outside tap into the garage as well as our kitchen is at the front of our house, I don't have a solenoid as I have it pretty well timed the tank is full or almost full by the time I get out of bed on a morning.

Our water authored generally are very good they inform us before any scheduled work saying on xx day we will be doing xyz please flush all your taps for a set period of time and make sure the water is running clear , they Evan give us a rebate on the bill for doing it . Had this a few times , I usually put it through two extra pre filters before the ones in the van if in any doubt just to be on the safe side
It's the same here and no doubt right across the UK the author of this post may have been totally unaware of the potential issues of processing during ongoing works maybe he'll tell us maybe he won't

Latest Posts

Back