Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Updates and more

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Hi all just wanted to let everyone know that in the coming months i will be running code updates on the forum and there will be a big forum software update (before we all have a fit this is not me!)

• I will be running some updates to out ticket so that i can support our hosting customers and users who have issues with the forum better this should be done today.

• We will start supporting the more secure https:// on our forum. This is more and more becoming a requirement these days especially from google and app stores. So there is two reasons really, it is more secure but also if we want to keep our apps we will have to make this change. This move will likely come with some teething problems with things like old attachments not displaying and users may be logged out. This one is going to take a little time to iron out the issues it may throw our way. This will be done at some point in the next month.

• The big update which i have no ETA for is the forum software update. This is from the developers of the forum software so not my doing!! The new version 2.0 of xenforo which is the software our site runs on is being developed. It brings with it many improvements to the general functioning of the software and bug fixes. We will have to update to this version when it is released to ensure our site is secure and compatible with future security and bug fixes. Again i don't know quite when this will be and how long it will take for our theme developer to make our theme compatible if they do at all (sometimes wish i just stuck to their default themes, would make life easier) note that the demo is xenforo's default theme. The main reason i wanted to let you know really is so that you are aware this will happen. They do have a demo of the newer version running here XenForo 2 Demo so you can if you like take a look and see how the functioning of it may differ. I have registered on there and will be giving my feedback as time goes on, so would be great if as users of the forum you could too. The more feedback they get the better they can understand many different users needs and opinions.

Not my choice I am afraid green.

It will be ok we will learn to get used to it. I am hoping that our theme will be have its code updated to be compatible with this new version so then the forum will look the same and will just have the new or updated functions.

All software creators have to update their code to fix security issues, bugs and be compatible with modern code etc.

If I don't update our code when they release it then we will be open to hackers etc and will over time end up with errors as newer code and practices come in across the tinterweb.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

We have now converted the site to use a secure connection. Every part of the site is now secured under https

Back